NSW Big 4 Emerald Beach

Greg

May 31, 2012
Blacksmiths NSW
We took the family to Emerald Beach on the first week of the school holidays, what a great park, its only a small park but has all the toys and play areas the kids want, like small but clean pool, jumping pillow, play room, kids club and nightly movies. The park is kept spotless with the most modern amenities blocks I've seen with constant music playing in the dunnies, Jack Jonson sounds better than the old bloke groaning next to you. The park is right on the beach the surf was not that good, but you can see by the shape of the beach that it would get good. I will be going back to this park.

Greg

Reactions: twscoot

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
We're book into Emerald Beach for a week over xmas. We called past for a quick look a couple of years ago, heading south from QLD and although it was a crumby day, it looked like a nice park in a really nice spot ....... Im sure my partner will appreciate the Day Spa. Did you get to the Carob factory down the road ..... oddball place but great carob produce. Shame about the surf, Im hoping it finds its mojo per xmas

roysta

Mar 23, 2013
Central Coast, NSW
We stayed there in Winter, very cheap off peak and the staff are great. They also put on a great free pancake breakfast once a week outside of the peak season.

During the day I was surprised how warm it gets even in June.

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
One of our favourite parks. Great staff. Excellent facilities.
I'll never forget the very first camping trip we took as a family probably 6 or 7 years ago....Brand new Jayco Eagle. Never set it up before.
Knowing this was our first trip they asked us what time they should come and set up their chairs with a glass of wine in (their!) hand to watch the 'entertainment'!

millhouse

Oct 20, 2014
We are at emerald beach right now on our first trip with the 20.63.1 OB. Leaving Sunday :apologetic:. All the family have loved it.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
We stayed at Emerald about 10 years ago over Christmas/New Year. (Not at the CP but a friends house on Fiddaman St heading down to the beach just up the road from the CP).

Checked out the C/park while there and agree it looked good. We vowed we would stay there if ever over that way camping.

As for a surf..... The friends son lent me a board and we walked around the headland? to the South to a small bat called Shelley Beach from memory. Surf was better there compared to Emerald Beach itself but Emerald was good for a body/boogie board surf.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
We stayed at Emerald about 10 years ago over Christmas/New Year. (but a friends house on Fiddaman St heading down to the beach just up the road from the CP).

Checked out the C/park while there and agree it looked good. We vowed we would stay there if ever over that way camping.

As for a surf..... The friends son lent me a board and we walked around the headland? to the South to a small bat called Shelley Beach from memory. Surf was better there compared to Emerald Beach itself but Emerald was good for a body/boogie board surf.
The locals say there'll be one of the local beaches that likely faces the right way dependant on the swell and wind

We are at emerald beach right now on our first trip with the 20.63.1 OB. Leaving Sunday :apologetic:. All the family have loved it.
They certainly gave you a baptism of fire with the site they required you to back your van onto !!!

millhouse

Oct 20, 2014
The locals say there'll be one of the local beaches that likely faces the right way dependant on the swell and wind

They certainly gave you a baptism of fire with the site they required you to back your van onto !!!
@Crusty181 the site was cetainly interesting especially with the gathering crowd of regulars that have all been here 20 years+. Forntunately my copilot was great on the directions and our very first caravan site parking was done in one attempt. All onlookers including myself were amazed! I did let them know it was a fluke but the better half and I had a sneaky high five behind the van afterwoods....