NSW Big 4 Dubbo

Greg

May 31, 2012
Blacksmiths NSW
I stayed at Big 4 Parklands Dubbo last week and was realy impressed, the park was realy clean sites were concrete, like most parks the streets were tight. The park has a gas heated pool, so we were swimming in an outdoor pool in the middle of winter, and the kids loved the jumping pillow and playground.The visit was to see the zoo, which is about 1k from the park, you could easily ride a bike to the zoo from the park. Security was a big issue for me as Ive read alot of negitive comments on Tripadvisor, but the fences are high and the only entry, exit were past the reception area and there were security cameras everyware, we had no problems with stuff being stolen. The only fault I had with the park was the noise, not other campers but road noise of the Newell Highway, the caravan park is right on it, trucks using there exhaust breaks comming into town in the middle of the night make a bit a noise, but nothing a few extra amber sleeping tablets could not cover.
Would I stay there again, Yes.
Would I go to Dubbo again, Yes all the family loved the place.

Greg

blacky

Sep 17, 2013
Townsville QLD
I stayed there a few nights in December. They were very friendly and the park was clean, prices were.. ok i guess, about $65/night for an ensuite site.. luckily it was only me staying there as the site wasn't big enough to put the back bed down, nor put the annex out due to the location of the ensuite.. luckily there were not many people and i parked the cruiser ute in the site next door.

I also found i could not pick up any TV reception.. was told it was quite common as the eastern side of the newell there is quite low compared to the surrounding areas.. so could not get TV reception. All in all OK though.

KevO

Aug 12, 2013
Cobar NSW
Have to agree with fishinglizard, we stayed a night and wanted to do a quick shop in the morning and leave the van in the park all packed and ready to roll but got told no as someone else may be coming. Thing is the place was empty. Also where they put us was designed for a much smaller van. My money now goes to the top tourist park, bigger sites, excellent facilities and cheaper

Reactions: blacky

billykidd

Apr 2, 2013
Brisbane
Stayed there a few nights earlier this week. Found it to be good, clean toilets, clean park, site was good, but not sure where the paj would have been parked if the awning was put out as we were on a tight site compared to others. Was pretty busy but it is school holidays. Park is in a perfect position as we stayed to go to the zoo. The red wine helped block out the highway noise.
Would stay there again.

Reactions: blacky

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
I lived in Dubbo for 3 years my brother lives there he has some I love dubbo tshirts but I didn't want one its ok kept me in work so that was good I spose there are much worse places out of 10 , 6.5 for dubbo we have allways stayed at the park up the road when visiting ,,road noise there too zoo is very good go early though or if its hot animals are hiding in shade can you blame them