Beware - SCAM !!!!!!!!

PMK

Jul 25, 2011
Sunbury Victoria
Hi All,

Just recieved this email today for a camper I have advertised on a few different sites. The first enquiry seemed honest enough but when I replied this is what came back....... It read as follows;

"thanks so much for your response.. firstly i would have loved to call you concerning this transaction but i am an Army Officer and am currently in the BASE right now so its really going to be a bit hard to call you right now but am sure we can run the transaction successfully through here. I am so keen about the transaction and i am not ready for drama's so i hope you are also in for the goody. I am sure you will have received lots of offer but am offering you $23,800 so i hope that beats other offers that you have got. I have an agent that will be coming to Pick It Up after i have completed the Payment. I will love to make the payment through PayPal or straight into your bank account as its secured and preferable, so kindly get back to me with your paypal email or bank details where you will like the funds to be credited and i can get the funds sent asap. So get back to me as soon as you can so we can move on to the next step. you can as well get back to me with more pictures if you have them. thanks."

It came from a James Curtis email was shown as; loveandtrust@blumail.org

Beware........... Screams SCAM to me. :mad:

Paul

kegs

Sep 23, 2011
hunter valley
hi PMK,
I have a camper trailer for sale in the trading post, only had it for a few days and have received probably half a dozen texts, I discovered once before when I was selling my motor bike there are heaps of scammers, I just dont reply to texts, cause if they are serious they would ring. Trading post have a whole page of dodgy email addresses to, which you can refer to...
Regards

PMK

Jul 25, 2011
Sunbury Victoria
Hi Klugerclan,

Lucky You !

I think it happens more on certain sites..............

We have also had our ad copied & listed on another website under someone elses name. I have also recieved a couple of texts from "potential buyers" when I called back it was an international number ..... & no answer

Paul

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
I also had heaps when selling my Hawk. Some people have too much spare time..................

bully66672

Jun 30, 2011
Melbourne
These #%^*+£€ tried this crap with me too.
Wasting our time and trying to get something that most of us have worked and are working really hard for.
I had my van advertised through rv point and the trading post.
I notified the federal police and played along for as long as I could.
The police sent me a notification outlining the scam.
Never do business through a third party (agent).
If the buyer is willing to pay they should view the merchandise before.
The old saying, if it sounds too good it probably is.