VIC Bendigo Parklane

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hello,

We went for another long weekend away to Bendigo only our second trip in the Starcraft.
July 5-8 2014

Bendigo Parklane
http://www.parklaneholidayparks.com.au/bendigo/
three nights 2 adults and 4 kids $251

Review:
It was wet.. we knew it could be before we booked as it's Victoria and winter :) (ok its Victoria :) ) so we booked the park for the kids. Has a indoor play centre with 6 levels of madness for the kids just the same as those party ones you normally can escape from in 2 hours.. Although here you are stuck thier for 3 days:minion_happy: thank god I have AFL app on the iphone and could watch footy..oh and the kids..
The party area is used for parties for locals so there are non park people coming and going. no gates at front and reception at the back so not sure if they have any problems with people coming and going. Although for long lengths of time there was only my 4 monsters or maybe 3-4 other kids there. So they had a ball and actually had to force them to leave the park. We got kicked out at 8pm when it closed.
IMG_9134.jpg

IMG_4973.JPG

img_4996-jpg.jpg
img_4957-jpg.jpg

The tabled area.. pic from the website below had a nice heater. The indoor play area did not so parents got cold and rugged up kids in 10c where stripping off as too hot.
p1040332.jpg

Ok the rest of the park.. already read it was only had dirt and very little gravel left roads as it was wet there was mud and puddles everywhere.. Which was a little annoying coming back from the play centre closing at 8pm in the dark and avoiding while carrying one of the twins or both. I know I read in summer it turns to dust..
IMG_9146.jpg

We got a ensuite site as no van toilet. Was pretty basic although fantastic water pressure best I had for a while. We have a new house with pressure restricted at mains.. so nice to have water come out of shower.
Also good behind the van as it drizzled most of the time there I just carry the big kids to the toilet before bed and in the morning. Our site was pretty big as nothing next to us.. Although muddy. where we parked the car had to watch where you walked as a few big puddles. Where the grey water should go from the van was blocked so we ran the sink just into the ground. Power we took from actually more to the right from the power switch so had to run it in front of the step around. There are a few permanent around the site next to us was did not actually see them although ute came and went.. Was pretty quiet had a nice chat to a grey nomad in a Starcraft.
IMG_9102.jpg

Our site did not have a concrete slab like others so got very muddy.. Cheap Aldi mat did not work great cgear one will be brought in the next few days.
image-jpg.jpg
Owners and staff where very easy to deal with have a small shop there with basics which was good although did not need any.

Kitchen seemed clean we either ate take out or microwave chow mien so did not use it. Had Fish and chips in the play centre tables as could entice kids out to eat for 5 mins :)
Had a jumping castle and pool although even for me too cold to swim outside.

Our site S56 was the closet to the highway so could hear the trucks did not worry me too much my CPAP is louder and I have only one good ear (Hopefully right ear back in action next week after operation ) Sarah slept well.
Bendigo-Park-Lane-Map-201205-1.jpg

Was pretty cold Sarah made me buy long pants and hoody as she said I made her colder looking at me in shorts and t-shirt. We had condensation every morning tried leaving pop top windows unzipped not much difference just colder. Truma dumped water inside the site was not fully level not sure if that added to it kept it 20c inside until then, swapped to Aldi ceramic which I think did a better job anyway.

IMG_9150.jpg

Bendigo well kids a little small for mine tour. We found Beechworth Bakery so had lunch there. Went to look at Jayco although it already shut. Did the main street and a drive in the rain.
Went to the cathedral and fountain on Monday when the sun actually came out for a while
IMG_5005.jpg
IMG_9256.JPG

Overall had a great time.. Kids want to go back to park.

Attachments

• IMG_4953.jpg
    IMG_4953.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 238
Last edited:
Reactions: Smergen

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Very nice @davemc ... We're regulars to the 'go with plenty of relatives there, so have never thought of taking the van. But as my clan grows, family "do's" mean that we really struggle to fit into people's houses for overnighters... Might consider this place...

Is it just me, or is $251 for 3 nights a little pricey for the middle of winter in country Victoria? No Wool Expo on was there?

Reactions: davemc

brotys

Jun 15, 2013
leongatha
Sounds like a good park nut a little up there in $ ? Winter time think they drop price a bit to try to get people in

Reactions: davemc

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Thanks @davemc ... I figured there'd be a few more bits to add onto the price. On a whole though mate, do you think it represents good value for money?

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
if you have kids and your happy to watch them play at a play centre for hours.. then yes.. its normally $10 a kid or something at these places. We will be going mainly places where we know there is something to keep the kids happy at the park for a while..

Really the only negatives about the park from me is the unpaved roads. we read they are mud in winter and dust in summer. Also would of been nice to have a concrete slab like some other sites.. Although both of these if the park was dry and weather good I probably not noticed at all.. Road noise would annoying some people if site up the front.. Maybe once I am back to two ears again will be me.. I used to have good hearing and ran a recording studio for 20 years..no problem not because of one to many loud bands got a bad ear infection last year which turned nasty..

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Good tip with the kids. Ours are similar ages to yours (6, 5 & 2) and yep, things to keep them entertained is very well received. As we ease into this vanning thing I reckon we'll certainly trial out CP's to work out what's important.

As for the ear thing, I hear you (pun intended). I'm permanently deaf in one ear, and whilst growing up it was a real pain, since having kids it has been a godsend... :) Just roll over onto the good ear and it's nice and quiet! :)

Fabulous

Feb 26, 2013
Melbourne
As per our other post, we went there over the weekend - it was in pretty good condition, as per Dave's photos - heaps to do for kids - our daughter had a great time.

$97.20 (big 4 members) for a powered site for the 3 of us for 2 nights, I though a bit expensive before we arrived, but the facilities were great !

Reactions: mfexpanda