Bench top Scratches / Gouges

Feldty

May 31, 2012
Wangaratta, Vic
Hi All,

When we picked up our van last week I noticed all the bench tops were rough to touch. I thought that they must have needed cleaning. When cleaning the inside of the van after our first trip on the weekend I noticed that it was not a grime on the bench tops but actual scratches / gouges. I kept looking and found them on all the Amore style laminex, even the laminex above the fridge. My guess is that the scratches / gouges must have been in the sheet before it was laminated to the bench tops. The gouges are deep enough that you can get your finger nail stuck in them when sliding it over the top, but funnily enough, not that visible. I took some photos but it is really hard to see.

It is not that big an issue but I have no idea how to fix this apart from having all the bench tops replaced. If anyone has any ideas it would be great. If the bench tops do get replaced, would that make them less securely fixed, causing issues down the track?

Anyone who has picked up a new 17.56-2 with Amore laminex, may be worth while checking the bench tops, as there may be others.

Kev

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
If it was me I would be -

1) Take detailed photos
2) Contact your dealer who sold you the van (Not the service department) and advise them of the issue and that you want them all replaced under warranty and get them to arrange an inspection as quickly possible with the service department.

At least once they have inspected and accepted its a warrant claim you can just get done next time you get service or whenever you have time.

If the scratches are like that I wouldn't accept it and would be ensuring they where replaced.

Feldty

May 31, 2012
Wangaratta, Vic
Thanks expanda,

I sent an e-mail through to the dealer to advise them and I have yet to get a reply. I will have the van back at the dealers within 3 weeks so I will have them look over it then and insist that they are replaced under warranty at a future date. Now that they are advised, at least they should know that we have not damaged them during use. I doubt there would be an issue with that anyway, as it would be fairly hard to scratch all the bench tops in this way.

I am hoping to get others to inspect there bench tops and to find out if ours is the only one? I hope it is.

Kev

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
Kev,

As our Pandas have come from the same batch/run, i will inspect our bench tops and all areas above as soon as I get home tonight.

cheers,

Ro

Feldty

May 31, 2012
Wangaratta, Vic
Hi Guys,

I am glad to here that others are not having the same issue. Hopefully a one off. I will have more correspondence with the Jayco Bendigo today so I will let you know how we go.

Kev.