Benandjordansmum - Our 2013 Landcruiser Double Cab

benandjordansmum

Feb 8, 2012
Logan Village, Qld
I am finally getting around to giving an update on our new tug.

It is a 2013 Landcruiser double cab.

We had sold our Landcruiser Sahara which was our primary tow vehicle to downsize to a smaller car (due to all the running around with the kids) and then to still be able to camp and tow the van, we also sold our single cab Landcruiser Workmate.

Factoring in the above, we wanted all the extras we had had between our two other vehicles and that is how we came to our list of extras:

* Toyota steel tray (we wanted an alloy one, but all of these had to have the spare mounted in the tray)
* Winch compatible bull bar
* Tow bar
* Tekonsha 3 electric brakes
* Reversing camera
* Anderson plug
* Extra 12 volt plugs on the head board of the tray
* Ladder racks
* Electronic rustproofing
* T-bar roof console
* UHF
* Custom centre console
* Sat/Nav in radio/CD
* Sandgrabber mats (although they didn't cover as much of the carpet as they used to in the Sahara so ended up doing a full Vinyl overlay on the carpet)
* Canvas seat covers
* Dual battery system
* LED reversing lights
* LED Great White spot lights
* 45 ltr water tank
* Rhino roof rack

Still on my husbands wish list is some sort of lift kit and/or air bags for towing and his winch for the bull bar.

We are hoping to do a trip to the Cape next year, so I am sure his wish list will grow!

Landcruiser.JPG

Reactions: Adam79 and achjimmy

Adam79

May 28, 2013
Brisbane
@benandjordansmum . How did you go at Fraser? Did you end up going over at Christmas? We sold our Prado over the break to upgrade to a 200 series landcruiser. So should not have to worry about the lack of power at fraser this year.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Looks great!!

With the factory snorkel they aren't water tight as they are more for dust so it may pay to get it sealed properly before the Cape :thumb: unless its been done already :)

benandjordansmum

Feb 8, 2012
Logan Village, Qld
@benandjordansmum . How did you go at Fraser? Did you end up going over at Christmas? We sold our Prado over the break to upgrade to a 200 series landcruiser. So should not have to worry about the lack of power at fraser this year.
I stressed for nothing. We also bought maxx trax just in case, but didn't need them. We didn't have a problem at all. We just made sure we let the tyres down in both the van and car.

Congrats in the new car. The 200 should do it easy.

Reactions: cruza driver