17' Series Battery life

Scoobz

Jan 29, 2014
Rowville
Hi all, we're about to take our panda out on its first free camping trip & was wondering if people know how long we should be getting from the deep cycle battery?
Its the setec st-iii. We'd be running fridge & hot water on gas.
Thanks!

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
hi @Scoobz. That would depend on your battery size, whether you have solar, and what accessories your planning on using and for how long your using them for. Theres a lot of variables to consider .... make a list and post it up

Reactions: bigcol and Drover

jeff

Mar 4, 2013
200km south of Perth
We have 1x 105A/h battery (no solar) used for lights, a bit of TV, water pump (seems to chew up power). We have it last 4 days, it would go longer but we don't stay in one place for long. There is two adults, no kids

Reactions: dagree

peterg

Jan 17, 2015
warrnambool
We can get 5 days at a pinch out of our 80AHr battery. Running led lights, 12v tv (1hr or so per night) and water pump.

No recharging. We're fairly frugal on lights and pump use as well. Not a Jayco van but that shouldn't make a lot of difference.

Only 2 of us.

Where to next

Aug 25, 2015
Melbourne
Have a 1 x 120 watt solar panel and a 100 amp hr battery. During summer and even through to the Easter period there is enough for indefinite power supply. Our van is new so it has LED lights through out. One light (in blue light mode) is on all night every night, we also run the other lights in the van along with the water pump for showers etc., have even run a friends engel one night when their battery failed. When it was connected the engel was above temperature. When daylight came again, before long the solar panel had the battery up to full capacity again. Have been impressed with how it has performed with the setup that I have. I don't think that it would have indefinite power during the winter months. My wife can't handle the cold so there is no chance of us going away for an extended period of time during that period.

Reactions: bigcol and Smirke