NSW Bathurst Panorama Holiday Park

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
We were here for two nights.
We aren't fans of Big 4 parks - we tend to find them noisy and crowded, and whilst there we found this one also bordering on supporting that premise. The FJ/FX/48 club was in town and the park was full of some fantastic cars, but it meant they were all mates so tended to be a bit noisy.....

However....the park itself was fine. Located on a hill, the roads were tiered and had shade, but some corners a little tight. Generally the sites are gravel, with a raised concrete annex pad provided. Getting in and out of the sites was awkward from the width of the road, and the size/depth of the 'roll over' kerbs. (especially when the owner of an FJ ute wants to have it on display on the edge of the road of site opposite and won't move it. Took 20 minutes, but got the van in.) Managed to gouge the rear rear bumper on the car a couple of times while trying to hook up again, cos the car wheels kept wanting to roll in the gutter/kerb thing...

Amenities where large and well provided, and generally clean. Doors were a keyed entry.
Hosts were friendly and helpful.
The kids loved the pool which also has a small water slide. The pool gate was also a keyed entry.
A small playground and jumping pillow were there.
Camp kitchen was crowded with the car club members and we couldn't even get a look in, let alone try to use it....

On the StrayDingo rating scale: 3 / 5

http://bathurst-panorama-holiday-park.nsw.big4.com.au/

Reactions: blacky

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
and....no, we didn't tow the van around Mt Panorama :(
just the car:car:

We did, managed 34km/hr up the hill and had to dodge the garbage collection truck on the way down Con-rod. :becky:

DSC_2026.JPG

Parrked up at the top around Skyline

Reactions: blacky

blacky

Sep 17, 2013
Townsville QLD
We stayed here for a couple of nights the other weekend. We head over there every now and then, its a handy distance from Parkes, and my wife enjoys the shopping. And the Indian restaurant (turbans, not feathers :applause: ) is pretty good.

Anyway, my report: Good facilities, and the kids love the pool and water slide. The jumping pillow area needs some bloody seats! Nice shady sites, though yes they are quite a PITA to get into. Good service, and free DVDs to borrow down the front. I think i'd go a 3.5/5 from us :)