Exterior Awning replacement on 2014 17.56.1

Ben Stanford

Feb 23, 2014
Sunbury, Vic
My awning has perished on each end of the material so was looking to change the material on my awning until I realised I had also broken the unroll/roll up switch on the end of the barrel. So upon this discovery I decided to replace the whole awning, barrel and all. This brought me to my next dilemma as I have the Carefree Awning with the LED strip included. I have since purchased the correct replacement with the same LED set up, but I am looking for advice from anyone here on where the wiring runs that is already set up on the awning, so that I can connect straight into it. Do I need to trace the wire to run the new cable inside, or should I just cut and join the new wire on outside the van solder them up and be happy with that?

Any advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks Ben

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Has the new awning got the wire already in the hem ,if so I would solder at the top end where original wire came out ,cover soldered wires with heatshrink.Be hard tracing wire in the van walls.

Reactions: Ben Stanford

Presto

Oct 27, 2019
Qld
Chop the old one down the bottom and pull some excess up top and chop that off, it will give you enough length to re solder/heatshrink the new piece and pull back inside the stitching.

Reactions: Drover and WHHEMI