Awning Lighting

Willy

Nov 5, 2012
Newcastle
I have recently replaced all my internal lights with LED's, and will soon tackle the external light.

I have a front awning which needs lighting also. Any recommendations?

Willy

Nov 5, 2012
Newcastle
Hi Brad, just re-read my post and realised I probably wasn't clear. I need to light the front porch/awning (out the front of the annexe). Thought about a LED strip cable tied to the awning arm but there may be better options available.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Yep I am the same with cable ties.
But I splurged on the Havaiana Thong lights and just cable tie these to the rope.
See pic.
image.jpg

Willy

Nov 5, 2012
Newcastle
Thanks Mr Happi. I like the 12V LED option, just wasn't sure about the cabling. A mate of mine has a 240V to 12V converter with the connection to the light strip being like a laptop power supply plug (ie. smaller than the normal cigarette lighter size 12V plug), but his lights are a poor quality (not bright enough).

What size/set-up did you go for, and do you know where I could find decent quality LED gear?

mrhappi

Oct 24, 2012
Ipswich
I just bought a strip of lights like this one off ebay. Cut it into 3 equal strips. Attached them to some aluminum stripping and wired them with some speaker-like cable and a 12v plug.

I cable tie one of the light strips to the awning and run the cable up the roof pole of the awning, through the top of the front door and down to the 12v socket which sits just inside the door. At this stage I've only used one, as it generally throws enough light for under the awning/annexe.

I'm not all that handy but managed to put these together fairly solidly. If I had my time again, I probably would save myself the effort and time and simply buy a Korr lighting kit