Are Private Messages (PM's) Really Private? One for the Mod's!

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
As the title suggests I am wondering how one of my posts in a PM had been changed to *Try posting a bit more so your post isn't boring* lol

Had it happen in another thread from last night (Minus the lol) when I quoted a comment and typed *Try posting a bit more so your post isn't boring* under it!

I know Mods have the ability to change/delete/move comments and posts in threads but do they have the ability to read and change comments in PM's? If so, not too "Private" in my opinion!

Reactions: Bluey and Drover

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
As the title suggests I am wondering how one of my posts in a PM had been changed to *Try posting a bit more so your post isn't boring* lol

Had it happen in another thread from last night (Minus the lol) when I quoted a comment and typed *Try posting a bit more so your post isn't boring* under it!

I know Mods have the ability to change/delete/move comments and posts in threads but do they have the ability to read and change comments in PM's? If so, not too "Private" in my opinion!

It's a retrospective word filter.

We made a change today that any comment past and future that contain certain keywords would have this text modified.

In particular short worded posts which you are seeing today.

As soon as we implement this change it alters everything automatically from the past by scanning a database index.

Hope this makes sense but I would probably say you have jumped to far in thought train on this one.

Reactions: Drover

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA

HMMMMMM might be an automatic thing as where I typed "Times Two" with a capital X and the "number two" it has changed on my post above????

Reactions: Drover

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
It's a retrospective word filter.

We made a change today that any comment past and future that contain certain keywords would have this text modified.

In particular short worded posts which you are seeing today.

As soon as we implement this change it alters everything automatically from the past by scanning a database index.

Hope this makes sense but I would probably say you have jumped to far in though train on this one.

Thanks @expanda ... Looks like you posted while I was typing!
Yes it does make sense.