Anyone on here import from the US in large quantities?

fraserL322

Mar 4, 2012
Hello all, Just a thought at this point, but I'm wanting to purchase a heater for my camper from The States, but freight is a killer ($200+ for a $300 item) it's about 18"x13"x10" and weighs around 10Kg.
Are there any forum members that deal with the USA for business, and wondered if there was any possibility of them throwing one in with their shipment?
I would obviously pay for the priviledge.

Cheers,

Fraser

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
If its gas your after then you cannot import one from the US and install it. It is illegal, it must have Australian Gas Association Approval. They can be expensive here because approvals are expensive especially for low selling items. Buy one locally and make sure it is approved.

As an example, a lot of instant caravan hot waters on ebay seem cheap, but they may not have approval so if something goes wrong, insurance etc will be difficult and it is illegal for a licensed gas plumber to put one in.

General rule, buy a known brand as they know the approvals process. Truma for example make a little gas heater. If its not gas your after then someone else may be able to help. Us products also can run different voltages.

Geoff