Another Member For The 200 Club

TTBRIDGE

Mar 12, 2013
Brisbane - Northside (North Lakes)
Hey All,

We as the title suggests. We to have been planning for a while now to make the step. With a deposit on our current 100 we have placed a deposit on a Silver VX 200. It is in stock although will not collect till mid Feb.

So looking forward to the towing power, given how much usage he van is getting it will be nice to ride in. Now, all the work to do over again. But i love a project, and a build so i will be doing most of it myself.

1st up will be the towing stuff, then ARB winch bar, draws, going to hold off on the suspension upgrade for the time being, maybe just spring spacers to lift the front and take the bar load. We do not do the "hard core" stuff we used to do with the camper to do a massive suspension upgrade.

I do have one question for those who have one, as you would have installed the controller i have been reading that the wires are in the loom, so when i get the factory wiring it is all in the plug at the rear? So is there some wires in the back of the dash for the pwr, and brake input?

Anything else you want to add?

Regards,
Timbo

Reactions: blacky

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
TT there are no electric braking wires in the loom. Toyota only do that for the us market. Furthermore the only way I can see to hooking up to the brake pedal switch is using those sh1++y scotchlok connectors because the wire is soooo thin. I ended up hooking up behind the towing relay module. All easy but, your cruise will not disengage with thee applying of the trailer brakes through the controller.

AndrewC

Mar 20, 2013
Murrumba Downs, Brisbane
You need to run anderson plug and brake wire to the back anyway so, to make life easy, just pull a twin in. One will be your blue from the controller and the other off the brake light to the controller. Its just a signal wire with bugger all load at this point. The twin goes straight to the controller and another twin straight from the battery. No trying to curl up under the dash then looking for wires. Your anderson wire and fridge circuit will follow similar routing