Suspension Another Andersen Hitch

pauljygrant

Apr 1, 2015
Adelaide
After the excellent reviews especially by Base23 about the Andersen hitch, I purchased one and fitted it to my Basestation and Navara.
Haven't yet had a chance to tow the van properly but will give it a proper test in a couple of weeks time when we take the Basestation with JetSki up to Renmark.
Fitting was fairly straight forward other than having to find American imperial sockets etc.
I purchased the longer brackets and pleased that the hitch appears to have the white coloured newer style friction lining.

Attachments

• IMG_0139.JPG
    IMG_0139.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 457
  • IMG_0144.JPG
    IMG_0144.JPG
    210.4 KB · Views: 441
  • IMG_0145.JPG
    IMG_0145.JPG
    274.5 KB · Views: 450

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Nice one @pauljygrant, I actually installed mine on the weekend. Going to update the Gecko's thread. Not 100% sold it made a heap of difference, so I grabbed Mrs Smerg's and chauffered her around and she mentioned that it was definitely riding better. No real bounce back from the bumps and dips I was trying to hit.

Interested to know how you get on mate.

Reactions: Drover and bigcol

4wdphil

Jul 21, 2013
Geelong
It is the best thing I have fitted to van so far. The Colorado doesn't even know that there is a 3 ton van behind it. The wife actually tows the van now. She never did before as she did not feel safe. Also after using a HR WDH years ago the Anderson WDH is far superior in my opinion. Just my 2 cents worth. It also has anti sway which is a bonus.
Any way if it makes it safer and easier to tow then it is a good thing and worth every cent.

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Around 1000km into our Big Trip and this hitch has been a great addition. The whole set up is brilliant and settles the car down nicely. Still need to think about how to hook up and unhook, but I'll get better at it. Also, having the BOS370 jockey wheel helps immensely on this front when dropping the connecting plate off.

Big supporter here.

Reactions: bigcol and Base23

facemir

May 7, 2017
Gold Coast, Australia
Yes. I'm with you guys. I really like the way my setup travels with the Andersen WDH. Only negative for me is the hassle of putting it on and taking it off. I try and take it off when I'm travelling straight. (For obvious reasons) Other than that I think it's far superior to the alternative.