Amperage for appliances

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Hi Capt. Gadget, here's a few pics for you, I can't steal someone else's thunder, the links were suggested by another member?

The negative from both batteries are connected together, then from one of the negative terminals it goes to the side of the shunt that has the black and white wires, and the other side that has the yellow wire goes to the link, that link then supplies all negative current but it's measured through the shunt. Same with the positive, both connected together at batteries with fuse, then from one positive terminal to the other link with another inline fuse, this link then supplies all positive current. Also connected to the links is the setec, redarc, solar and positive for the bm-1. The heavy cables are 6b&s for battery connections and the links also come with plastic covers as shown. You can buy the links from electrical wholesalers or maybe even Bunnings?

Thanks Burnsy

Capt. Gadget

Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
All done now Burnsy thanks for the Link Idea worked a treat here are a few other figures from mine
LED over the Sink 0.1A
Halogen over the Stove 3.5A
Exhaust Fan over Stove 1.1A
Exhaust Fan in Toilet 1.4A
Toilet Light LED 0.4A
600w Projecta inverter on Standby 0.9A
Radio when playing 1.0A and on standby 0.8A
LED Strip light outside 2.6A
27" TV LED LCD 3.8A
and VAST Sat Box 1.4A

Interesting to note the BM1 says 14.6v when charging with my 25 Amp Cetek when I put my digital Multimeter on it reads 14.4

Reactions: ROnEM and Burnsy

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
All done now Burnsy thanks for the Link Idea worked a treat here are a few other figures from mine
LED over the Sink 0.1A
Halogen over the Stove 3.5A
Exhaust Fan over Stove 1.1A
Exhaust Fan in Toilet 1.4A
Toilet Light LED 0.4A
600w Projecta inverter on Standby 0.9A
Radio when playing 1.0A and on standby 0.8A
LED Strip light outside 2.6A
27" TV LED LCD 3.8A
and VAST Sat Box 1.4A

Interesting to note the BM1 says 14.6v when charging with my 25 Amp Cetek when I put my digital Multimeter on it reads 14.4
Thanks for those extra figures...great value for Members old and new.

Capt. Gadget

Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Heres one more which should add ammunition to the argument for not bringing it The Xbox uses 4.2Amps

Senario:
Son: Dad when we go away in July can we take the Xbox ?
Me: Lets go and plug it in and see what Amps it uses and then we'll decide!
Son : OK.....
Me: 4.2 AMPS OH No thats way too much we'll have to leave it home there won't be enough power left to keep the cool drinks cold!

Me 1 Son Nil!