Amp-fibian question

BOZZY

Jun 29, 2012
coffs coast nsw
Hi all

Going to our daughters in QLD for chrissy and think it might be hot enought to run the aircon in the 14.44-5 2012 . Will an Amp-fibian run the aircon, the TV and firdge? or will it trip.
Not sure how many amp's these things draw.

icetechaus

Nov 21, 2012
It looks like the Herron AC draws about 4A, Fridge is inder 1A and the TV should be less than 1A. That's a total of 6A. So it should be OK as the Amp-fibian is supposed to be capable of dealing with 10A. But I would be going upstairs for a cup of coffee. (Don't use the jug at the same time as the AC)
BTW It is hot enough to run the AC for comfort in QLD at the moment.

Thirstyviv

Jan 8, 2012
Sydney
G'day Bozzy,
I have the RV2 model and it has been a worth while purchase especially on those hot summer nights

Regards

Rob

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
x 2 on the RV-2!

I sleep much easier knowing you have got that added protection and you are not going to melt your family or friend's power point or fuse box. :)

Rohan

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
My parents have stayed on and off in their van in our back yard over 6 mths (mum having medical treatment) and I'm sure they would have run their air cond or heater over that time. The only time they flicked the safety switch on our ampfibian was when they were running the kettle, toast and microwave at the same time.

BOZZY

Jun 29, 2012
coffs coast nsw
Thanks for all the feedback, gone with the safety first option and splashed out on the RV-02 $198 at our local Jayco dealer.
Trying it out tonight.

Tony