Aldi Specials?????

Johnstons

Aug 10, 2012
Anywhere in the great outdoors
Hi,

Aldi has a Lumina food saver and bags on sale from Saturday and I was wondering if anyone has bought one of these and if so how do they go?
Also where can you buy extra bags when required?

Cheers

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
Hi,

Aldi has a Lumina food saver and bags on sale from Saturday and I was wondering if anyone has bought one of these and if so how do they go?
Also where can you buy extra bags when required?

Cheers
How much? i would also be interested if they are good

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
I have one (not specific brand) - it spends most of its life simply taking up space in the pantry....

That said - if you can be bothered then it certainly does help if you buy heaps of meat for eg. then divide it up and vac. it before going in the freezer as it does prevent freezer burn etc.

not the sort of thing id pack in the expanda though - not over the popcorn machine anyway :)

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Different brand here with the zip lock type seal and a vac pump we vacpac anything we possibly can before we go away it saves room in the freezer and they are handy even just as zip seal bags when you put things back in the fridge while away

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
i have the sunbeam food saver and use the aldi lumina rolls on it for vacuum sealing food works well cheaper than the sunbeam rolls which are a two pack for around $30 at costco

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Aldi Van stuff on special 13th Feb 21.........100ah AGM , 12v 24" TV, hoses and a mono oxide alarm caught my attention.....all of them are pretty good.

Reactions: MDS69

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
My old one was an Aldi job and it was good, sound, DVD player and picture very happy with it, only upgraded to a larger size, I had missed the 24" Aldi previously so got one from Bing Lee on special while in Canberra, some no name job but its good.............

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
My old one was an Aldi job and it was good, sound, DVD player and picture very happy with it, only upgraded to a larger size, I had missed the 24" Aldi previously so got one from Bing Lee on special while in Canberra, some no name job but its good.............
Ok Thanks. i bought the Supercheap version and the sound is not great. Have put it in and now not sure I want to take it out. There is no substance to the sound on this at all

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Ok Thanks. i bought the Supercheap version and the sound is not great. Have put it in and now not sure I want to take it out. There is no substance to the sound on this at all

I wondered what they would be like !!!!! I plug some USB speakers into mine to get a better sound but on its own its okay.....

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Had to run to Maryborough this morning so stopped into Aldi to see if they had any CO alarms left as I have a LPG one, so ended up with a CO alarm and another 14 ft awning screen, $50 couldn't pass it up, makes a good screen for the fridge side of van.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
We often throw up a post when ALDI has the Van stuff, happens about every 6 mths I suppose, I lucked it as they don't often last till lunch on the day of the Special, its walkers and canes at 2 crawl paces when they are happening the old foggies really get viscious at times............................., the screens are good value along with the awning matting less than half price what the van shops want..........

2slow

Jul 20, 2018
Gawler SA
Had to run to Maryborough this morning so stopped into Aldi to see if they had any CO alarms left as I have a LPG one, so ended up with a CO alarm and another 14 ft awning screen, $50 couldn't pass it up, makes a good screen for the fridge side of van.
Hi Drover,
What brand of LPG detector do you have and is it battery operated?
Went to Aldi yesterday and picked up a CO detector, great little gadget.

Passed on the screen, not sure if we have room to carry all the stuff we have now ;) and the van is getting heavier by the day but hasn't moved for months:(

Greg.

Reactions: Drover