Interior Aircommand sparrow in 17.56-2 error "E5"

Hiluxpanda

Mar 20, 2013
Hi guys. We have had our 17 for about 18 months but havent been able to get out since april.

Ive been pottering bout the panda this weekend and put the aircon on this arvo.

It started normally and the compressor kicks in but after about 60 to 90 seconds cuts out and E5 keeps flashing on the display. We are going away in january so you can imagibe my anxiety about the thought of being stuck in 40 degress with no aircon for our little kids.

MichaelB

Oct 22, 2014
Perth
Hi @Hiluxpanda

I just googled the instruction manual for the Air Command Sparrow, and below is what it says about error code E5

E5: INDICATES EXCESSIVE TEMPERATURE
Excessive temperature of the outside coil if on cooling, or
excessive temperature of the inside coil in heat mode.
On cooling, the E5 will appear if the outside coil temperature
exceeds 68C. This is an indication of condenser airflow
reduced or non-existent or condensor fan not working
sufficiently or the thermistor is out of calibration.
NB: When in heat mode, at outside temperatures above 18C,
the outside fan motors may cycle on and off.
This is the system-shedding load to avoid overheating the
inside coil and is not a fault.

Sounds strange as I wouldn't have thought you would be above 68 degrees on your coil temp??? So my guess would be condenser issue, or as its says thermistor has lost its calibration??

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Hi guys. We have had our 17 for about 18 months but havent been able to get out since april.

Ive been pottering bout the panda this weekend and put the aircon on this arvo.

It started normally and the compressor kicks in but after about 60 to 90 seconds cuts out and E5 keeps flashing on the display. We are going away in january so you can imagibe my anxiety about the thought of being stuck in 40 degress with no aircon for our little kids.
they sent a expert to my house to look at mine so if there busy get them to do the same mine was leaking foam in the pipes all fixed now but ours is the truma different to urs

Hiluxpanda

Mar 20, 2013
So last time it was the Condensor fan that had seized and Jayco charged me to have it fixed up.....

Went out to the Van to start doing a few things prior to our trip in Jan, and the same error has come up again......last time we used the van was June.....

Not happy...surely an airconditioning unit can go 5 months without use and not seize up everytime?

Off to Jayco again soon....do I have any chance of making a case for Jayco to cover the cost...

Reactions: mfexpanda