Air Cond switch for 17.56-2

brookes2622

Jun 24, 2012
Bywong NSW
Hey, we are in Toowoon Bay CP and it is hosing down! Net result is that we have put the awning up and are relegated to indoors but we have lost power of the 240v kind. I have tried to isolate all I can (switching it off individually one by one) but I keep blowing the internal or at the pole CB. The only thing I haven't been able to isolate is the Air Cond. Can anyone tell me if there is another switch for it that is not the internal CB. I can't seem to find it. Thanks

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
I have never had a good look on the roof before, but as a suggestion, have you had a good look around the unit on the roof on the off chance that there is a switch up there?

brookes2622

Jun 24, 2012
Bywong NSW
I did have a quick look and saw nothing. So an update. When the rain ceased I was able to turn the power back on without the CB tripping. My best guess is that the wind was blowing the rain in and shorting. I'm still keen on finding out if there is a way to isolate the air cond.

icetechaus

Nov 21, 2012
Don't forget that all of the cb are also residual current devices(earth leakage) if was only happening in the rain there is a good chance that is just water getting to the wiring. If you can get to the roof unit check for leaks around the termination area.

Izzya123

Mar 18, 2011
Mount Martha, Victoria
I did have a quick look and saw nothing. So an update. When the rain ceased I was able to turn the power back on without the CB tripping. My best guess is that the wind was blowing the rain in and shorting. I'm still keen on finding out if there is a way to isolate the air cond.

Hi Brookes, from past experience with my 17.56.1 roof mount, the air con is hard wired, so Jayco told me!! My one was not. There was/is an adapter plug hidden behind the microwave which separated after a brief trip down the Gibb River Rd. It wiggled apart & I lost power to my aircon. Once clicked back together I had power to the unit once again. Don't know if this common to all, but my unit has a plug.

Izzy

PS: My microwave is in the spot where the standard aircon is fitted ie. above the sink.

brookes2622

Jun 24, 2012
Bywong NSW
Thanks Izzy that's the same set-up as I have and I will look when I get home. Would I be right in saying the microwave is screwed in?

Can you do a brief trip down Gibb River Road?

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Our microwave is screwed in Ro, there is a braket on the front that screws into the shelf then the bracket is then screwed to the bottom of the microwave. This is on a 16 yours maybe different ?

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Mine in the 17 is screwed in. I havent looked closely but I believe it is secured to a wooden base which is in turn screwed into the shelf