18' Series Air Con - Please Help

Adventure Bound

May 23, 2020
Queensland
Howdy All...

I have 2016 Outback 18.58 and the air con has just stopped. Of course the Truma guide says to contact a technician, but I’m sure someone here can assist.

I have seen comments online stating that the fault is most likely the fuse located on the board inside the unit. I have replaced this, and still nothing.

I’m getting power to the unit, but it just doesn’t respond. Has anyone else had this issue ? Thanks in advance.....

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Just post your AC model info as that helps as not all have the same units............... I can't help with Truma sadly other the basic shut down from power for 30 mins then reboot and you have found the fuse of course, is it getting 12v supply at all, the Dometics need a 12v supply so assume Truma might as well.......
Hope someone here can chime in to help you............. there are a couple of threads on here about the issue.

Adventure Bound

May 23, 2020
Queensland
Thanks Drover.
It’s a Truma Aventa Comfort

The unit only works on 240 I believe.... I have seen a few posts which is how I knew about the fuse.... The unit is getting power, as the red light comes on, but permanently stays on... I try to reset with the small button inside the red light, it flashes, then stays on again.

Cheers

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Thanks Drover.
It’s a Truma Aventa Comfort

The unit only works on 240 I believe.... I have seen a few posts which is how I knew about the fuse.... The unit is getting power, as the red light comes on, but permanently stays on... I try to reset with the small button inside the red light, it flashes, then stays on again.

Cheers

@Adventure Bound, this may help.
Most A/C units need a capacitor to get the compressor started and this could be the problem. If you can hear a slight "hum" when trying to reset, that is an indication that compressor motor has current and is unable to start the electric motor turning. Don't ask me where it would be, but generally attached close to motor. Worth a try to check. Look for a cylindrical tube with two of 4 flat pins at one end. Usually only two connected across the motor input line.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Rightio, my mate in WA who has one of these describes his in words I'm not allowed to on this forum...................:o:o:o

Red Light "ON" Fault and thats about all the info, unable to find a repair manual and the parts list I found doesn't mention a capacitor which is intruiging, found one for the Sapphire AC though.................. Mates crapped out but he wheeled it into a dealer for warranty job but didn't find out why it died but wants an Ibis III like mine......
Capacitor looks like this usually, don't touch the terminals or short them EVER with your pinkies..........
images

Johnanbev

Jul 7, 2013
Sunbury VIC.
Rightio, my mate in WA who has one of these describes his in words I'm not allowed to on this forum...................:o:o:o

Red Light "ON" Fault and thats about all the info, unable to find a repair manual and the parts list I found doesn't mention a capacitor which is intruiging, found one for the Sapphire AC though.................. Mates crapped out but he wheeled it into a dealer for warranty job but didn't find out why it died but wants an Ibis III like mine......
Capacitor looks like this usually, don't touch the terminals or short them EVER with your pinkies..........
images
PTSD (post terminal short disorder) OUCH!

Reactions: Drover

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
I picked up a journey from Townsville for a mate a while ago, I can’t remember what AC it had but apparently it had a leak and lost its gas it just showed a fault light from memory I’m no help am I ?

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
I picked up a journey from Townsville for a mate a while ago, I can’t remember what AC it had but apparently it had a leak and lost its gas it just showed a fault light from memory I’m no help am I ?

Usually @DRW , the compressor will still run, but with no or low gas (refrigerant), all you would get is ambient airflow. But I am no help either, am I???

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
For more confusion modern circuit board units will go to fault if gas is lost, no lubricant for compressor so it all shuts down.....thankfully I have 2 back up sytems for winter...

Reactions: Boots in Action

Adventure Bound

May 23, 2020
Queensland

images
Thanks so much for your efforts