Advise on Pick up

Pieter

Sep 1, 2011
Tieri, QLD, Australia
Hi everyone,
As some of you know I am picking up my 16.49-1 OB up on Friday:peace:. I was hoping you guys, and girls, have some advise and tips as what to check and look for on the day.:lever:
Any suggestions and Idea's will be appreciated.

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Is it your 1st van?

If so, don't rush it. Take photos of awning & annex setup etc.

Check -
Cupboards and drawers for security
Hinges, electrics, fridge on gas
Tow set up, WDH.
Bed ends and pop top operation
All stabilisers
Aircon & M/W

Reactions: Pieter

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
I get mine tomorrow (Thursday) - apart from suggestions above I have also asked for the van to be connected to mains pressure water - hot water service on - solar functions.
I hope it is not raining!

Bill

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Also take note on how to fold up the matress's as it can be a bit tricky if you haven't done it before , and it also makes it easier to fold the ends up correctly :thumb:

Also check if the coupling and spring shackles have been greased

Reactions: Pieter

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
And in case they forget to to tell you (ours DID tell us but it still happened), the little handles on the boxes under the mattresses are really fragile. Make sure they are DOWN before putting the mattress over them.

Our rep was really thorough. Drove our car with it on to make sure the breaks were working with the electric ones okay too. took almost 2 hours in total.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Also dont forget to post up some pics about your new Expanda in the new ''My Expanda'' section under the ''Members Introduction'' section on the home page ;)