A Good Deal ! :-)

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
It just dawned on me that we have (at least I think so) got a really good deal when taking into account the further discount we got for the order mix up wrt to layout.

What we Got:
2012 16.49.1 OutBack
Dual Gas Bottles
Hot Water Service
External Shower
Awning
Canvas Annex Walls
Extended Draw Bar
Solar Pre-Wire
Picnic Table
Wineguard windup Antenna
Door to Space where aircon would have gone for additional storage (rather than skinny overhead options)
think thats all

All Up we ended up paying $35230 You Beauty :) That's Basically the cost of a base OB Model with No Option

Thats a better price Price than most 2010 models on the second hand Market :) mmmm. Why buy old when you can buy new? Probably the only thing keeping Jayco a float is the fact that the second hand models keep their value so well, driving people towards buying new instead.
Drop all second hand models by 4 or 5 Grand and Jayco would almost have to follow suite to keep Sales up you'd think.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Pretty normal if you push them hard the more options the better the deal. Try and get a base model and no options for $30k and see how you go. It's all a numbers game and things like extended drawbar and solar prewire cost cents not dollars and does anybody think that awnings and walls and plastic shitty outside showers are worth the numbers they ask?

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Well Zero' I think you did really well and I would be rapt with that. I think that is a great price. I know with my experience next van I buy I will do much better. The thing is I found this forum after putting a deposit down. Still happy though.

well done,

Geoff

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Pretty irrelevant what I paid Zero . Iam happy with what I paid and thats all that matters to me. If it burst your bubble Iam sorry but you put it out there, you asked what people think? I was just stating some facts as I am see them. Your happy great, well done!

cancan

Sep 26, 2011
Manly; Brisbane
i find i could get a better price if i ordered a van compared to buying floor stock....which was my only option....although buying it through a company i get to claim get so works out better new compared to 2nd hand ..that's if i could find one

gspy4u

Apr 27, 2012
Ipswich
Have to be in the right place at the right time for 2nd hand ones. We were looking for a while and were even looking at new as couldn't find an old one that we liked for the right price. Just happened to be at a Jayco dealer to talk about a deal for a new one when a trade had turned up the day before and was only 1yr old and was exactly what we were after. Bargained the price a bit and saved about $8,000 by not getting new. Now just spending that on extra goodies for the car, and so on.