4WD Supa Centre

WHHEMI

Jan 18, 2016
Yarra Valley
Quality = you get what you pay for so don't expect to much, they also stuffed us around when we ordered a swag for my son and charged us telling us they had it in stock when the didn't, and couldn't give us a firm date, we will not be dealing with them again.

NoWorries

Sep 28, 2015
Perth
www.expandasdownunder.com
From what I have read its a you get what you pay for type thing
I have seen some horror stories about their fridges with them catching fire inside cars (but I don't know the full story)
I have also heard a lot of people say the products are great for the price.

So it is probably worth thinking about how often you will need it (ie if you buy a really cheap roof rack and want to use it to its full capacity 24/7 for a few years you might want a rethink but if it is to hold a couple of things for a trip or two every now and again then save the money and grab it)
I have been looking at their drawer system for the 4x4 and from what I have read they seem to be up to the task and about a 1/3 of the price of some named brands.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
There have been some problems with their fridges but they're rebadged anyway...can't remember what original was.

As said, you get what you pay for but some of their stuff is worth the money.

We've bought
  • Roof bag...excellent and the right size for us
  • Seat covers..latex stuff and far better than very expensive ones which fell apart...and comfortable and easy to fit
  • Side piece for our awning....excellent ...looking to get another when the price is close to $31
  • Drawer system....very good price and exactly what we wanted...very good quality and no rattles ...comes with side wings to fir the vehicle and a bonus fridge slide
  • Led lights...we've bought three sets so far...very good
  • EDS...exactly the same as the others available. ...same brand
  • Been looking at their matting but will decide once I actuallyI see it
We bought the roof bag originally on line...it was so good we looked further then discovered they have an outlet near us so now just pick whatever up from the outlet and there are no freight or handling costs and you can check the quality etc.

My feeling is that if you're a long term 4wder who likes bragging rights you'd buy from ARB etc....and we have done for certain things.....but for occasional users of selected items such as us, we're getting value for money.

The trick is to keep an eye on their prices....they change daily...and some have inbuilt freight costs so we just wait till we we are happy with the price, don't pay the freight and collect it.

If you're not near a store, then obviously look at the prices with freight included.

I have no affiliation!! And I've seen the warehouse which is huge and it's an interesting and successful business model. They buy in container loads, often sell prepaid, then freight them out. I know lots of Brisbane people have bought their stuff...you see Kings brand everywhere....and I haven't heard of a complaint yet....but I'm not into serious 4wdriving.

Last edited:

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
There have been some problems with their fridges but they're rebadged anyway...can't remember what original was.

As said, you get what you pay for but some of their stuff is worth the money.

We've bought
  • Roof bag...excellent and the right size for us
  • Seat covers..latex stuff and far better than very expensive ones which fell apart...and comfortable and easy to fit
  • Side piece for our awning....excellent ...looking to get another when the price is close to $31
  • Drawer system....very good price and exactly what we wanted...very good quality and no rattles ...comes with side wings to fir the vehicle and a bonus fridge slide
  • Led lights...we've bought three sets so far...very good
  • EDS...exactly the same as the others available. ...same brand
  • Been looking at their matting but will decide once I actuallyI see it
We bought the roof bag originally on line...it was so good we looked further then discovered they have an outlet near us so now just pick whatever up from the outlet and there are no freight or handling costs and you can check the quality etc.

My feeling is that if you're a long term 4wder who likes bragging rights you'd buy from ARB etc....and we have done for certain things.....but for occasional users of selected items such as us, we're getting value for money.

The trick is to keep an eye on their prices....they change daily...and some have inbuilt freight costs so we just wait till we we are happy with the price, don't pay the freight and collect it.

If you're not near a store, then obviously look at the prices with freight included.

I have no affiliation!! And I've seen the warehouse which is huge and it's an interesting and successful business model. They buy in container loads, often sell prepaid, then freight them out. I know lots of Brisbane people have bought their stuff...you see Kings brand everywhere....and I haven't heard of a complaint yet....but I'm not into serious 4wdriving.

Thanks,

This is great feedback and kind of what I expected. I do not liver near the warehouse but would go and visit them first if I could, especially as a new customer.

Can you view the stock if you go there?

Thanks again for your detailed response

Stuart

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Most items you can view....the one near us has a Patrol set up with awnings, roof racks , roof top tent, drawers, swags, recovery gear and most of the bits and pieces.

I nearly bought my roof tray from them and wish I had done, as I looked carefully at theirs one day and it was very good, rated as stronger than the one I'd bought elsewhere and was about $500 cheaper.

I haven't looked at their recovery gear but would be particularly careful with that. I'm not sure the Chinese are up to speed with ratings for shackles, winches etc....it may be ok but that would be part of the range I'd need to be convinced about.

I love the extra bit for the car awning....I've added some strong eyelets and now have a slide in lightweight side awning for the van.....and it fits any of the three sides of the car awning so we can get more shade in summer with little effort. I'm thinking of carrying two...one for the van and one for the car....or two for the van...all for $31.

mbr37746

Oct 20, 2013
Central West NSW
I've heard some horror stories from them and generally you do get what you pay for.
So far this has been the exception for me. I've got, 2.5x2.5 awning, double swag, 9" led driving lights, rear drawers, led light strips, bbq plate for campfire, a free set of handheld uhf's, recovery kit....
I think that's it. They are all well used and I could not be happier with the quality and service I've had. (no affiliation)
I would recommend trying them.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
like others brought stuff as cheap :) Now I get 10000 emails a day :)
I think for the occasional 4WD there stuff will be fine.
Been looking at their lights so everyone been happy with them.

If you are buying check the prices over a week or two they go up and down like petrol prices. Ok more :)
Normally if you can pickup you save on top

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
I know you can't believe everything you read especially on facebook but check out a facebook page against them, you might have to search a bit.

Reactions: bigcol and WHHEMI

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
yes there has been a few people I know of (different forums) that have had problems with them - bad problems - but eventually have been sorted out, but not without grief to start with

thats the "hearsay" out of the way

now, for actual experience

my sister brought one of the rear draw systems for her car
it arrived in 9 days from ordering and paying ( we are in Wait Awhile remember.....)
6 days later the side wings arrive with a note to say - sorry, forgot to send these with the draws - it was December, so they were getting very busy for Xmas pressies - all good

I fitted them after Xmas

they are a generic draw system, with differing side wings to suit whatever vehicle
they supply nuts and bolts for fitting - pity they were not long enough to drill a hole and fit them through the floor, or the correct thread to use existing seat mounting points
it just fit her car (Playdoh 120) with some (lots of) minor adjustments everywhere - total assembly and fitting was in excess of 7 hours due to various problems
- button head Allen keys bolts with the centre rounded, so very hard to remove
- mounting brackets that needed modification
- followed the instructions for fitting - and they are crap, you need to assemble in the car as you go for clearance issuses
- incorrect bolts as stated
- etc

and when compared next to my Black Widow draws (in the Cruiser), you can see the difference between $500 draws & $2K draws

thats said - she is happy, and it does what she wants t to do at a price she was prepared to pay

2 sayings come to mind when I think of them

Buyer Beware
and
You get what you pay for

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Yup. As said, I agree. But.....I refused to pay $2000 odd for something used infrequently and I really needed to replace my home made qubelock frame with crates. That lasted longer than I expected and was a temporary installation only. I was worried it would damage the side vinyl so it had to go.

I cheated! I didn't spend hours installing the drawers ...I got them to do it for me.

and I'm very happy with them but I don't have much to compare them with....only cost and I paid $380!

I'm having fun filling them....wine cellar, tools, portable solar and all the fiddly bits I could never find fit in the wings with space to spare.

I'll be over ten tons by the time I fill all my new nooks and crannies.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
to be fair @Dobbie when I got my Black Widow draws, there was not a lot on the market at the time, and they were all around the $2K mark (2006) pretty much pay the coin - or make your own

well, the ones in my Patrol are home made (and you can tell) but they suit the needs of me when travelling
again, there was not the cheap variety available when I made these, and they cost me $300 for bits and pieces

would I ever make another set - not while you can get the cheapies available now
would I ever buy the Black Widow again.........
maybe - as they still look brand new, and they are 10 years old, and I certainly dont baby them
maybe not - as they are like most things nowadays - cheap and throw away when broken and get another

Reactions: Delano and Dobbie

Tucker

May 4, 2016
Geelong, Victoria
I bought the drawers for $300 and the roof rack for $230 waited 5 weeks til they came in stock for pick up ( got told 1-2 weeks) get there and no side wings so waited 10 weeks and can't get any emails replyd or get hold of anyone on the phone but it is what you pay for and for that price they are ok just don't expect top quality but better than no drawers or roof rack at all

Reactions: Delano and bigcol

Mosue

Oct 14, 2016
Perth WA
Hi,

I was reading another thread and saw that they had a link to https://www.4wdsupacentre.com.au/ . Have many used this company and give an idea on the quality of the products.

I might try and go to the shop and see what it is like but any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Stuart
*I've bought a Roof rack for my Prado.-cheap heavy,but solid
*A car shade awning-very cheap,works well BUT dont use the crappy bolds they send you-replace them with marine SS ones! Their ones started going rusty after the first bit of moisture in the air after a week!!!
* Draws for the Prado boot-cheap,heavy, but worth the money, takes a few hours of cursing to put it together, dismantling and re adjusting. got a rattle I cant stop but very happy with them.
If your going to buy something from them them dont get caught up on the different daily 'specials discounts of 30,40,50% off, as the freight price changes to make every day about the same the best value for me in WA was generally when it was free freight.

And if you buy something write some crap about how good the product is on their Facebook page, you can win between $50-$1000 in store credit-worked for me!!

Reactions: dagree and bigcol

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
I'm really glad I talked them into fitting the drawers for me.....I didn't have to lift them, play around with contortionist tricks, follow a fitting diagram etc. I just rocked up, paid $100 and drove off.

No rattles at all.

The specials are really cyclical...pre Christmas prices were right down so I'd guess preEaster might be similar...lord pre Paddys Day....or pre ???

Reactions: bigcol

Omar H

Jan 12, 2017
Sydney
I've used 4wdsupacentre a number of times and never had any significant issues. Worst issue I had (on one occasion only) was a delayed shipping. I've bought some lights, compressor, recovery kit (seems to be pulling its weight just fine) and a few other things. A friend put me into them and he swears by them.

I love the extra bit for the car awning....I've added some strong eyelets and now have a slide in lightweight side awning for the van.....and it fits any of the three sides of the car awning so we can get more shade in summer with little effort. I'm thinking of carrying two...one for the van and one for the car....or two for the van...all for $31.

Can you explain? Can you use the side awning on your expanda's awning and just slide it straight in??

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
The gear seems to be about the same stuff as Supercheap/BCF don't like the mail order though, prefer the store......but a rack or bar work though give it a repaint and it's good as gold.