2020 winter wander

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
this year we had planned to revisit Darwin with a side trip to Broome but something out of of our control has made us change our plans, so now for 16 weeks we can only be a day and a half away from home , when looking at maps and web sites we realised that the places we had never really seen were close to home ( Redlands ) so now the plan evolves, we think that we will take about three weeks to get from home to bundy , then a couple of weeks at Rocky point retreat, then what appears to be a new RV self contained site called Turtle reef at Deepwater( below 1770),then across to Mount perry via Gin Gin to Monto then Callide Retreat, do the loop up to Emerald and the gemfields ,do some family history research at Springsure at bit of fishing at Moura then start heading home via Taroom ,Wondoan,Miles, Dalby, Cecil Plains, Clifton To Redlands ,if any one knows any good spots that we should visit in that loop please let me know, this trip is a little over 2000km without side trips we may do a little more if we get our virus money, and are able to stock up with toilet paper and hand cleaner, maybe we should plan on a cruise, pay for 7 days then get another 14 days free, before they let you off the ship,

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I was going to do a run out to the RM Williams Centre at Eidsvoldt, Sapphire loop then down Wandoan to check out the homestead, Meandarra for another look at the brilliant Anzac Memorial Museum and nice free camp then rolling back home thru Dalby, Maidenwell and Kingaroy before a trip out to Quilpie, Yowah later in year. This lot of weather though is keeping us at home as no fun out there when damp but at least might be some fishing later on.

If this lurgy comes around our neck of the woods might just load up and go to a nice creek for a long fishing trip, would camp at an estuary around here but the midgies would eat us alive.

Reactions: poor but proud

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
yowah has always been good to us when the kids were small we went there in summer when no one else was there,the locals really welcoming took us fishing ,yabbying ,down mines,cut opals for us,took us out to castle rock and there is the escarpment just out of town . now that the hot bore spars are there a good way to get rid of the aches and pains,the summer does not scare us we do the mexician thing ,get up early do a few things,siesta in the middle of the day ,and do a few things into the evening. coming up soon in the same area is MUSIC in THE MULGA at Eulo in the week following mothers day great weeks entertainment in an area that needs help to keep going i agree that meandarra has one of the best military museums we have seen a real credit to a small town, Monteys garage at Glenmorgan is worth a look to see the way cars used to be built

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Yes forgot about Monteys, brilliant collection, think the Music Festivities might be a bit curtailed I wonder if The Yellow Belly Music Festival at St George will happen, time will tell I suppose......... Early autumn or late Spring maybe but too flamin hot out there for me in high Summer, I like the dry heat but also like a nice swimming hole to go with it, no crowds though thats nice.