2019 models

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
@Drover do you mean like this (taken off the Jayco web site) pfff stealth indeed
Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 2.04.57 pm.png

Reactions: Drover

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Saw the silver today... Hmm... silver is the new white. Lot's of silver vans around... Still haven't fixed the stupid fly screen on the basestation.

Did see their concept hybrid van that they are testing the response on... the "Crosstrak". I liked it. Still dubious about their credibility to actually handle the rough stuff but the layout and idea was interesting.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
ok here I go I put some pics here.
Too many vans now that look the same elsewhere.. Did not see anything special in bunks for us :)
Jayco
Well the ozdesign furniture flat has gone. I said to one of the sales people that looks better she said yes although now I been asked can they upgrade last years :)
The bluetooth awning looks interesting for a annex you need a pole. The guy I chatted to said it auto goes in if it starts flapping.
I said what if you have screens etc on he said it stops.. No idea how it knows its tired down.
He still said he would still tie down.

19 foot Journey
%UY1T2wfTRqhFQ6Qlr9hKw.jpg

DfFrak1sTd6K1qesCMU4+Q.jpg
h%X%aHjZT02kgx8qFSAdIg.jpg

22 foot Journey.. umm button on dunny a little low
rnlcdDSJQpqhoJdkn6VOuw.jpg
vAmuzzWNTQGGHQnXmdW3og.jpg
Btn43SxBRS2AnHPbpiwfQw.jpg
we have fusion replaced by furrion.. 2 rr's = a S :)
g%tN7dMkRBSp7pO6FoSxlw.jpg

Awning with special pole and annex..
n0m5cI0KT1S9WICX0kT79Q.jpg
17-56-2
Fker6%uEQbm6MerXd6Ey0w.jpg
KI4B2QReQuOKcQDkona2+A.jpg
lVQkVS8SRz+1h9y9RyFf%A.jpg
AHfFcTTxROGR4tQ2iZ3dwQ.jpg
The Jayco crosstrack or whatever it is called
lJAb3%CiQw6LeMwmuS7UIw.jpg
TxR1LyOoSw+RZWN6uErKkg.jpg
iIwuax2eRyG9aOszXqafdQ.jpg
Dishwashers seen these a few places.
wdb4AVTsRqCZ0dnpNtYN2g.jpg
3 bunk royal flair.. 3 bunks and ensuite up front and club lounge with electric bed in back..
Rul+Ly1USj61HHDRWBrrqg.jpg

Reactions: mikerezny

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Part 1 of the Show report very well done as usual @davemc ............ seems we are back to dark and gloomy , I find myself looking at the cupboard latches and wondering if any improvements, brand doesn't matter they all have the same................that fancy awning I don't think I would trust it, looks like those wobbly arm jobs that waffle around when an ant farts and knowing Jayco history with electrical devices...PASS.................
My friends have a 2 person dishwasher in their Paradise Motor home, I was amazed, motor home cost as much as my place to build so I suppose you want the bells.............I really like that outside kitchen thingy looks good and along with the bed lid, looks better but why do they have such large wheel arches on the Outback, looks like they are just vans with blocks under the suspension to get the height, though room for you to put big alloys with even bigger off road, luggy Muddlers so it can go anywhere.
Turn the lights off and there will be little blue and green glows all over the place I suppose.
We do need more pics........................

Do we get pics and details of the other goodies available, you know the stuff to make us country folk drool over and nearly wish we lived in the big smoke ??????

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
sorry @Drover did not see much to take pics off.. Most of the vans looked the same as last show.
So so many vans and brands there no idea how people go picking.
I say there was 30-40 22" bunk vans there all the same floor plan just some with kitchen bunks on left and some the right.

The other big things seemed gasless vans, outdoor slide out kitchens and lithium batteries.

Also should edit and add.. Lots of salespeople I talked to said its gone down hill.. Was not many people there.
Parking down from $20 to $10 although they swapped things up from last few shows.
Lost one indoor pavilion moved some vans around to where the carpark was 3 years so this was dead real dead side to be on
The oval which normally full of camper vans was only 1/4 full and they moved food down there.
Was a few places missing even Anaconda and Aussie disposals where not there.
Seemed like a lot of smaller accessories places gone.
A few I talked to said not coming back next year unless they have a big weekend.

Last edited:

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
We went to the caravan show today; not sure why i do this to myself. Its like Ground Hog day, with $12 hotdogs. We just kept seeing the identical van in every stand, just with different stickers. River caravans apparantly won an interior design award, which they were insistant we look at.

We pretty confident that the award was for "Best Identical Copy Of Every Other Van".

One consistantly missing element was a pantry. The Jayco Adventurers in the 19ft range have no pantry ... eatings over rated apparently

One highlight amongst the very few to be had was the 2 contenders in the fabulous Royal Flair Brothel range

20190223_154203.jpg

20190223_153715.jpg

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
I agree @davemc, was certainly a lot smaller than previous years, but I didn't mind that.

Royal Flair got a drop down bed....Old school, but I still think it's not a bad idea. Recall seeing it in a Crusader van.Needed some decent beefed up supports.

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Lol.... Brothel Range... nice one @Crusty181! I must admit... it was all a little samey-samey to me. My focus is smaller trailers these days and plenty of cool gadgets and setups going on there. Not in any hurry to get back into the van-world.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Perish the thought but I'm getting interested in a 4x4 Motorhome towing a small 4x4 behind......... have to sell my house and a couple of grandkids though.

1550957241441.jpeg

Reactions: 1DayIll and DRW

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Check out this gem at the Roadstar stand.

All New Latest Technology.

I searched the entire showgrounds and couldnt find one of these new latest tech antennas to buy for my van. That Winegard is so new, only Roadstar has it. (Double checked the compliance plate on the van to make sure it hadnt been parked there since 2005)

Screenshot_20190224-125417_QuickPic.jpg