Exterior 2017 Jayco Expanda OB - Gas bayonet fitting with Weber Baby Q

HosS_2310

Feb 16, 2019
Macedon Ranges
Hi all,

Just purchased out Expanda OB, and still figuring out all the bits and pieces on it before embarking on a three month trip up north with the kids.
Question which may have been answered - I'm trying to figure out how to connect the Weber Baby Q to the bayonet fitting on the van. From reading other threads, I can purchase a 3M replacement hose for the Q with a 3/8" SAE FF x male bayonet easy enough, but these don't come with a regulator fitted. Do I need a hose with a regulator?

Thanks in advance, Darren.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
G'day and welcome to the friendly forum. No, you don't need a regulator for the bayonet fitting as it comes off the in house gas bottle(s) which already have a regulator on them.
Any more questions to help you on your way, just ask. The brains trust on here are always glad to help. (and help you spend your money) :behindsofa:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
So long as the hose says it suits the Weber or whatever size fitting they use, (its in the book)Not all bayonet hoses will have the correct bit for the barbie and as @chartrock said no need for reg.
make sure your bayonet fittings are clean before hooking up and have a cap for the van fitting, the slightest bit of grit in the valve and thats it you loose your gas, big pain, a fruit juice bottle lid screws on nicely, well the fruit juice one I used did.
Also the longer the hose the better, you can position your barbie and keep away from walls.

Last edited: