Electrical 2017 Expanda OB - HWS question

HosS_2310

Feb 16, 2019
Macedon Ranges
Hi all,

Newish Expanda owner looking for some clarification - can someone please tell me exactly what the on/off switch inside the HWS does? My process for switching on the gas HWS is to switch this to ON then turn on the interior Water Heater switch as well, at which point the gas fires up. What does the outside switch actually do?

Sorry for my ignorance in advance!

Darren.

Johnanbev

Jul 7, 2013
Sunbury VIC.
Hi Darren, Welcome, The external switch is for the 240 Vac circuit, the internal switch with the red light is for the gas.
No need for the 240 Vac switch to be on when heating by gas only. When connected to shore power you can have both systems on for faster heating.
Do not turn on the 240 Vac if the hot water tank is empty as the element will burn out in a milisecond.

HosS_2310

Feb 16, 2019
Macedon Ranges
I've heard people do that with the internal power point. Can you tell me where the internal power point is located for the HWS? Is access easy?

Thanks in advance....Darren.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Find the water heater.
Find the electric power cord coming out of it.
Follow the cord to the GPO and switch

Thats the way to go @Johnanbev , @HosS_2310 using the dinky switch outside under the panel is a pain it also can break, using the GPO inside is usually easier and ensures the outside switch doesn;t break, they are difficult to replace I can tell you........ it is best to get into a routine of turning off Water pump, HWS, Gas each time you break camp then unplug 240 (if used), when setting up camp get into a procedure of connecting water (mains or 12v pump), then power then run HW tap to ensure water in tank then turn on the gas , HWS as required this will save cooking a heater element.....getting into a set routine for pack and unpack does save unwanted surprises.

Reactions: Bluey