16' Series 2016 Upholstery Colours (anyone have pics of their 2016 van interiors?)

Jemmo

Feb 25, 2016
Bendigo, Vic
Hi All,
We are about 8 weeks away from delivery of our new van (16.49-3 OB purchased from jayco geelong), and happened to be driving past bayswater Jayco on our way to the Healsville Sanctuary yesterday so dropped in to check out the colours for the upholstery before we have to make our final decision in a few weeks time.

Oh. My. Goodness!!
As my wife said "don't Jayco have any females working for them? These colour choices are horrible, and none of them match the wood paneling of the van"

The jayco rep said, "these choices and in the set combination is all you are allowed!"
I have seen in the "First photos of new 2016 expanda mouldings" thread where @SMJ *Try posting a bit more so your post isn't boring* had everything in charcoal, which gives us some hope for choice, but has anyone else got any photos of their choices of the latest colours installed so we can get an idea of what they look like in real life rather than just the swatches?
Thanks in advance, Jemmo

PS - Healesville was awesome. Haven't been there in 30 yrs and will definitely be going back. Kids (11 & 8 loved it)

Reactions: bigcol

SMJ x2

Apr 12, 2015
PERTH
When we ordered our Journey (2015 build) I didn't like the choices on offer so requested the one colour...Charcoal.
Salesman said "I can request it but you may not get it". Make sure you get it in writing so the factory has the instructions.
We are not sorry we have the plain colour because we can change other things to give a new look very easily ie cushions and doona covers and other accessories.We opted for Aqua,Milky Coffee colour and charcoal.But I can think of many colourways that go with the base colour.
Good luck with choosing as it is not the easiest task.

Reactions: davemc and bigcol

Sammy D

Feb 14, 2016
Quirindi
They (Jayco) have updated the colours on their website to show most of their options. When we ordered ours we couldn't stomach the fabric options (seems to my untrained male eye that they have Picasso working for them, certainly some abstract matches happening there!) so we went leather but they didn't have a sample to show us so we are a bit uncertain how it will turn out. We are hoping that they matched the curtains ect. We will know this Friday so fingers crossed!

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
We ordered the grey and yellow in 2014 and love it.

It's cheerful and easy on the eye....and haven't seen another with it, as yet.

Cutters

Apr 19, 2015
Victoria
We got the blue swirl after choosing off the small samples they had back in late 2015. Was very nervous after seeing the colours when Jayco finally updated the web site but have to say we're pleased with our choice. Looks much better in the flesh!
It's a hard choice, good luck ;)

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Whatever you get it'll be covered with "stuff" or people so it won't upset you too much.

At least, ours is always camouflaged by doonas etc whenacking and other stuff when parked.

Reactions: Sammy D

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
When we ordered our Journey (2015 build) I didn't like the choices on offer so requested the one colour...Charcoal.
Salesman said "I can request it but you may not get it". Make sure you get it in writing so the factory has the instructions.
We are not sorry we have the plain colour because we can change other things to give a new look very easily ie cushions and doona covers and other accessories.We opted for Aqua,Milky Coffee colour and charcoal.But I can think of many colourways that go with the base colour.
Good luck with choosing as it is not the easiest task.
Our 2015 floor stock came in Charcoal top and bottom. Which we are happy with. Yes a dark colour with kids is great.
Benchtops are ok.
Not so much the flooring. Although I do not think they do that anymore it always looks dirty.

Good luck yes some of their colour ideas already dated before the van was even made :)

Starcraft 22 u.jpg

Jemmo

Feb 25, 2016
Bendigo, Vic
Thanks everyone for your input, pictures and advice - I hadn't thought of looking at the dealer vans on trading post which had pretty much all the options on there. I think we are down to two options now so almost there (the colourful one or the plain tweed)
Luckily because.....
We had the call from Jayco yesterday to say, "can you tell us your colour choices and other mods overnight so you don't miss the production run, or we can just push it back to the next run!!"
A quick, curt call from my wife saying "fudge that, don't even think about pushing it back and how about some forewarning so we can come to the dealership to go through the mods we want in person so they don't get buggered up!!" (She has been reading the forums too!).
"Sorry, we really need to know overnight"
A flurry of calls later (further up the chain at the dealership) and we are going into the dealership Sunday, AND the van is on the same production run as promised.

The old van got sold last weekend (1986 viscount ultralite pop top) to a lovely couple in Echuca who will use it as an introductory van for their young family just as we did so i'll have to change my profile pic for a few weeks until the new van arrives!!
Cheers, Jemmo