20' Series 2016 20.6 expanda outback/touring

Gary florian

Apr 20, 2016
Moranbah qld
Hi, I have just layed down a deposit for a 2016 expanda 20.6 touring model, after selling my Swan.
We wanted the outback but it came in at just over 3 tonne and my Navara stx 550 is only rated to 3.
Needed extra clearance for the drive way so having it under slung, any ideas on having the factory take it up even more, chassis riser, axle spacer/packer etc?
Also any thoughts on getting the weight down in the outback? Without sacrificing water tanks etc.
It's still not too late to change the order.
What were they thinking this year by not making the expanda caravan under 20ft And 3t?

Reactions: Crusty181

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hi, I have just layed down a deposit for a 2016 expanda 20.6 touring model, after selling my Swan.
We wanted the outback but it came in at just over 3 tonne and my Navara stx 550 is only rated to 3.
Needed extra clearance for the drive way so having it under slung, any ideas on having the factory take it up even more, chassis riser, axle spacer/packer etc?
Also any thoughts on getting the weight down in the outback? Without sacrificing water tanks etc.
It's still not too late to change the order.
What were they thinking this year by not making the expanda caravan under 20ft And 3t?
The stock 2014 20.63.1OB was just under 3000kg, and I was paranoid about the weights.

We had the slide out removed when we ordered our 20.63.1OB which dropped the tare to 2400kg, then added the 100kg slide out weight back onto the ATM and had the plate changed to 2999kg. So we have 600kg carrying.

I also had the Navaras GVM upgraded 250kg. All in all the combo hasn't missed a beat. The car pulls like a train. The only criticism of the 550 is the auto changedown is lethargic, but using the sports shift solves that issue. I can happily live with that