2013 Easter Trip, Strzeleki Track

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Hi all,
I'm currently in the process of planning a trip for the family next year.

We plan to drive to Broken Hill for a some personal business, then head off on a trip up to Cameron Corner, and along a part of the Strzeleki Track, either heading North to Birdsville, or South to Flinders Ranges, depending on road conditions.

Has anyone done either of these before and if so, is it possible the tow the expanda?

Turtle

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Bathurst, NSW
G'day Mick,
I was out that way last school holidays with an off road trailer.
Bathurst to Cockburn, Cockburn to Lyndhurst via the Flinders, Lyndurst to Cameron Cnr, Cameron Cnr to Innamincka, Innamincka to Thargominda, Thargominda to Louth, Louth to Bathurst.
The van could have done all of this except for the bits where we went cross country (to get away from all the other travelers). You would just need to take it slower!
A couple of things to consider are that the road trains on the Strzeleki wont slow down and throw rocks as big as house bricks, you'll need heaps of underbody armer on the van and the dust!!!
The Flinders IMG_0788a.jpg
Strzeleki IMG_0869a.jpg
Cross Country Strzeleki to Cameron Cnr IMG_0883a.jpg
Back on Main track IMG_0884a.jpg
Main Track Cameron Cnr to Innamincka IMG_0909a.jpg
Cross Country Cameron Cnr to Innamincka IMG_0911a.jpg

randl007

Oct 27, 2011
Queensland
We took an offroad trailer up the Birdsville track last September and the damage from stones was huge. I agree that under body armour is a must and be prepared for dust to get everywhere. Great trip though.

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Thanks guys. I am certain that we will go, just not sure as to which direction, North or South from Cameron's Corner.

Will keep you posted.

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
Hey there Mick just came down the B/ville track yesterday and shes no longer a track , its a highway you can even take highway vans up there now with no problems .
The strez is another kettle of fish rough as gutz and the Cordillo Downs road to B/ville is rougher than gutz allow plenty of time for those but yes the Expandas do it no prob just keep your speed down and your tyre pressures at around 25psi .
South of Innaminka you have 4 sections of black top down to lyndhurst still a rough track heading into the Flinders i recommend the Bendelby ranges / Merna Mora station / Beltana Station all great bush stays ......

cheers Russell

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Thanks Russell.

I would love to go to Birds ville, but I also want to go to Founders Rangers as well.

Might go to Flinders first, then just travel north from there.

Still planning at the moment.