18' Series 2012 18.57-60

MightyBrighty

Mar 10, 2020
South Australia
IMG_1933.PNG
Hi Guys, stumbled across this site and was hoping you could bombard me with the good, the bad and the ugly when it comes to the 2012 18.57-60 OB EX model.

The plan is to pick this bad boy up this coming weekend. From the info I have been given so far, it's pretty stock apart from having a storage box mounted to the rear bar extension, having 500Ah on hand, and the option box being ticked on this one and now sitting on a tandem simplicity axle.

I'm the kind of guy who likes to keep things simple and efficient (1 item to do 2+ jobs etc) and isn't afraid to modify the bad to make it good, or modify the good . . . to make it even better.

Anyways, thanks for having me. Looking forward to modifying this old girl with the help of your tips and tricks and know how posted below.

Reactions: Crusty181 and DRW

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Welcome to the Mob, looks good from a distance just check the usual van things like stains around window frames etc and that the fridge actually works on all power types, they are things that will cost to sort out..........

If you have a big wander around the site you will find hundreds of mods you can do to your van, some are bling but lots of functional ideas to improve on the original and fix the problems you may encounter, especially the design faults..
Full desciptions of problems is needed of problems, pics, model number, brand all go towards getting a problem solved particular to that item......pics we love pics.

Reactions: MightyBrighty

MightyBrighty

Mar 10, 2020
South Australia
Welcome to the Mob, looks good from a distance just check the usual van things like stains around window frames etc and that the fridge actually works on all power types, they are things that will cost to sort out..........

If you have a big wander around the site you will find hundreds of mods you can do to your van, some are bling but lots of functional ideas to improve on the original and fix the problems you may encounter, especially the design faults..
Full desciptions of problems is needed of problems, pics, model number, brand all go towards getting a problem solved particular to that item......pics we love pics.
Thanks

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
From the Barossa in SA
I looked at a very similar one 2nd hand here in Melb in 2013 before we bought our current van. We were beaten to the punch by family from sth of Sydney who jumped on it sight unseen, and drove down to collect it. Buggers. Quite a few years later we where on a clockwise lap camped in a freecamp sth of Geraldton WA. Who should roll in was that van and the family that stiffed us. They were doing a counter clockwise lap. Ill try and find the pics, be bloody spooky if its the same van ... it would be haunting me

MightyBrighty

Mar 10, 2020
South Australia
I looked at a very similar one 2nd hand here in Melb in 2013 before we bought our current van. We were beaten to the punch by family from sth of Sydney who jumped on it sight unseen, and drove down to collect it. Buggers. Quite a few years later we where on a clockwise lap camped in a freecamp sth of Geraldton WA. Who should roll in was that van and the family that stiffed us. They were doing a counter clockwise lap. Ill try and find the pics, be bloody spooky if its the same van ... it would be haunting me
Ha ha ha ahh, from the info I have, the original owner was from the south of SA. Mount Gambier even. . . . Maybe. Wouldn’t be many if any around with the dual simplicity set up I wouldn’t think!! Keep us posted! But just imagine!

Reactions: Crusty181