Chassis 2006 OB Drop Down Steadies

Rads

Apr 16, 2019
Australind
Hi Guys.
We just got ourselves a 2006 Expanda, a step up from the Eagle camper..
It has the wind down steadies which are actually bolted on so that easy at least.
I wish to put in drop downs and was wondering if anyone has done it and what size to get, for the 2006 model?
Alternatively anyone know how to measure for them properly, dr google is a bit short on info..
TIA

Glen Bundesen

Jan 12, 2014
Perth WA
Unless your Panda is an outback, even the shortest drop down will have issues with unlevel ground. Or maybe the Panda has had its axle underslung?
On a flat area, measure the distance from the Panda frame (where you are bolting onto) to the ground. Add the 10mm for the bracket you bolt onto the van. That is the max length of drop down.

Reactions: Drover

Expanda 12.37

Jan 22, 2012
Bendigo
When we changed our 2010 12.37 Expanda (not Outback) for a Jayco Discovery of the same vintage - it had wind down steadies but after a short time decided I wanted to replace them with Alco Drop Down Supports, which had fitted to the Expanda when we bought it new from Jayco in 2010. When first fitted they were far too long and would never drop to be vertical and often not even to 45 degrees. They were bolted to the chassis of the caravan so I removed them and took them a local welding business. They cut 50mm from the Drop Down Supports ($40) and this solved the problem and now they are usually vertical and sometimes at 45 degrees depending on how level the ground is. Very happy with the modification.

Reactions: 1DayIll