20' Series 20.64 owners with cupboard hanging space.....

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
for any 20.64 owners (or anyone really - just not sure if all cupboards on different models are created the same size) who have the full height hanging space next to the fridge - has anyone converted this to drawers? As we look around and start to prepare for our lap we can't help but think this could be better used.

After idea's.

Options I have been thinking about (and until I have the van here next I can't take a measurement).

1) Buy one of the wire rack drawer systems and screw it in. Will need to look around at what is available from various retailers and get the closet possible measurement. Something like
drawer.jpg
Downside would be I would be surprised if I could find an exact fit.
2) Contact local kitchen/cabinet makers and see if I can get a carcass with sliding drawers already fitted. Downside would be weight and cost
3) Buy a sheet of laminated wood from Jayco and Edging. Cutting shelves and mounting would be a fairly straight forward job. Downside is things would move around and potentially fall in a heap when you open the door.
4) As above, but make drawers on runners. More work but a better result.

Anything enclosed would probably also need a little LED strip light mounted, connect to a small switch or reed that switched on when the door opened so the kids could see what they were trying to grab out.

After options and ideas please.....

Ant

Sep 3, 2017
Cairns
We had them installed by Jayco off the plans as well. I didn't know this was possible until luckily I read a post saying ask for it. I think your idea of purchasing some laminated sheet and edging from Jayco to match is a good idea (maybe Jayco can retrofit for a competitive price?).
This is how ours was constructed and from memory it has a single vertical sheet down the centre and six horizontal pieces slipped in and fixed permanently (horizontals aren't removable) to the vertical centre sheet making eight pigeon holes. It really is a handy use of space and used regularly.
I would attach a pic for you but I won't be home from work until mid December sorry.

Reactions: Macca_75

Red1

Sep 14, 2013
Emerald Qld
We left the wardrobe at the back standard; we don’t have the back bed, but we got our pantry between the fridge and the bathroom done

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
We left the wardrobe at the back standard; we don’t have the back bed, but we got our pantry between the fridge and the bathroom done
We have the next model with the back bed so no cupboards there. Big van but 5 people with enough to be on the road 6+ months - every nook and cranny will be filled.