1st service finally !!

darcy305

Jul 24, 2011
Meadow Heights
So after delays with work & family commitments i was finally able to drop off the 2015 17.56.1 Expanda for 1st service @ Bayswater Jayco. Ended up with a list of ten items to be sorted under warranty.

1. Holes in the rear bed end canvas caused by the bottom bracket of the end frame rubbing when bed closed. I requested a new canvas (6 week wait) as i didnt want the original patched. Also request that the bracket be looked at so it wont reoccur.
2. Rear bed end latch plate needs to be relocated as catches on canvas when raising & lowering bed.
3. Bed end leaking through hinges not as bad as some i have read about but needs to be fixed. Was told that the Jayco recommended fix is not the best. Bayswater have come up with their own fix along the lines of what is used on the slide-outs. Has anybody had that type of fix??.
4. Dinette table under bunk doesn't fit was supplied with extra piece of ply on hand-over, not happy with that as we mainly keep the lower bunk set up as a bed, so not practical to cart the table around. They will either modify the original table or order a new one.
5. Wheel spats on both sides coming off.
6.Bench top near sink & cook top coming away from wall, is more noticeable when the sun is on the kitchen side opens up to a 2-3mm gap.
7. Front bed end lid latch needs adjustment as you have to close the right side first or the left side won't shut.
8. Awning leakes through track over rangehood vent.
9.Rear bed end decals put by the work experience kid !!
10. End cap on front bed end hinge coming off.

Not as long a list as some i have seen and few items i could have sorted myself, but will leave them to the experts and see how they go. Hopefully all work will be completed as requested.

Reactions: Rockape and Smirke

Jeremy Johnson

Sep 6, 2015
North Queensland
All good, Thank you, I am taking mine in today for a fix. They initially resealed, siliconed between the van and the track and didn't fix the problem. Water is finding its way from awning through circular track and leaking down awning ceiling from the under side if that makes sense?

Jeremy Johnson

Sep 6, 2015
North Queensland
photo attached

Attachments

• Awning.jpg
    Awning.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 227

Jeremy Johnson

Sep 6, 2015
North Queensland
We set up with angle also, but with a bit of rain it pools right at the middle on the LHS and works its way onto the awning? It appears to have a bow in the roof right in the wrong spot?

Last edited:
Reactions: WHHEMI

darcy305

Jul 24, 2011
Meadow Heights
We picked up the van on Saturday all items have been rectified except the leak along the bed hinges all they did was seal around the top corners of the canvas. I was a little disappointed with that solution as that won't stop the water coming in through the hinges. Anyway will see how we go.

Dove

Aug 14, 2013
Melb, Vic.
Don't put up with that. If its not right make them do it again. We had a badly aligned entry door. Kept asking them to fix it and each time it came back not done. Until SWMBO let the dealer have it. It got fixed.