19.61-2 Journey Outback

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Here we go again :D Got a text Friday from the dealers the new Journey is here . Pickup next week at this stage .

847AF47C-B9B8-43B8-B704-A97F5D86D6E4.png

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Now the fun begins, looks good form the outside where''s the inside pics ????/ You know the rules for pics.

Ratchet straps on the gas bottles, is that a new thing??

Thats exactly what I was thinking, you pay big dollars and they put some $2 ratchet break in 6 mth straps on the bottles. I suppose the theif won't have to damage the van when he cuts and runs with them...................first mod spotted already @achjimmy

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Ha ha thanks guys , pics will be coming was al a bit of a hurry. Picked it up from Port Maquarrie and spent Friday and Saturday at Forster in it .
The dealer at Pt Mac (Watson’s Caravans) is just great, the hand over from Lucas there was the best yet. He knew jaycos and didnt sugar coat a thing. There was a few issues and he had service and the cleaners on it while we continued the hand over ! Only real disappointing thing is the front awning arm is on a slant ! Will be recitifed .

The build quality of each successive Jayco has got better but it’s a massive leap since the last one. Jayco really seem to have got there 5h1+ together . Wiring and plumbing underneath is heaps neater. Even the plumbing to third tank is sensible . The Fit out is great and the porcelain bathroom bits make it more like a real bathroom. Jayco have changed the shower door and it’s solid as with a magnetic latch, very impressive.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Options to Van

600kg payload meant another suspension set

EXTENDED DRAWBAR

JOCKEY WHEEL CLAMP TO CENTRE OF A-FRAME

WASHING MACHINE

L LOUNGE WITH SILVERLINE LEG

BIKE RACK

TABLE -EXTERNAL PICNIC FOLDOUT

2X160WATT SOLAR

EXTRA 100AMP BATTERY

Dual REVERSE CAMERA

Deluxe Mattress

3rd TANK

Upgrade TV to 23.5

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Looks like you have used the 600kgs, eat takeaways only and little clothing.....QLD bound for sure...........lol,lol.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Pics inside
What do you think of the Bos jockey wheel? I am thinking of getting one as it will give better travel (up/ down) than the standard wheel

Love it mate. I’d look at the US electric leg also. Think it’s a bulldog and repco or Trojan sell them . But the bos is great

halbster

May 13, 2014
Looks good Jim. You don't have a handle on the jockey clamp, just an alan key bolt by the looks of it - is there a reason for this? Do you leave the jockey attached all the time?

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Looks good Jim. You don't have a handle on the jockey clamp, just an alan key bolt by the looks of it - is there a reason for this? Do you leave the jockey attached all the time?

Yeah mate. Just take the lower foot off and retract the leg .

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Don't know if I have the time for a holiday to Sydney but sing out if you need any advise.
What comtrol system did you end up getting?

I haven’t yet. Pretty convinced on the e-level just don’t no what to get the switch, the remote or iPhone system !

Bought a Tin of red paint for he shocks thou ! :D

Reactions: Base23