QLD 1770 camping ground

Ch00ka77

Apr 28, 2012
Maffra VIC
Another great site to stay at 1770 camping ground which is right on the beach and fires permitted if you have a site next to the water. Good fishing, clean ammenities, powered sites/water to most areas. no sullage. Boat ramp close to the site.
35$ a night including our three kids.

Reactions: rcf

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
I know so many that make 1770 a destination. All I am told is of beautiful views overlooking the water where the van almost sits on the beach.
It is a spot I have on the list to visit at some stage.

Ch00ka77

Apr 28, 2012
Maffra VIC
Yeh we stayed two nights just back (10m) from the beach bloody great spot went and threw a few lures around the point and nothing but a bloke dragged in a Spanish macquiral of the point which is about a km from camp. Also you can catch queen fish, emperors, coral trout & gt's straight of the rocks. Oh yeh and crabs out of the river... There is a sign in the reception saying the council has approved a bar and bistro which is going to be built at the reception with a deck area but doesn't look like the camp will be touched which is a good thing.

jdove

Aug 23, 2011
Sunshine Coast Qld
I stayed for 8 days in the Easter school holidays ( I go every year). The managers are doing a great job keeping the park in good shape, it copped a hammering in the floods etc. Great spot right on the estuary mouth, water front sites are the pick if you can get one, they are sandy as grass just never gets a chance to grow on them, they also have fire places on the water front sites, both amenities blocks have been done up in the last couple of years, good laundry etc, good little on site shop and also a good cafe on site. Great water front pub just a short walk down the road. One of the best spots in Qld to have a sundowner (or two)on the beach.

Reactions: rcf