17.56-2 Water Tank Plumbing

KBerg Rig

Apr 13, 2013
Hello All
can anyone advise on the water tank plumbing configuration on a 17.56-2. I.e do they draw from a common line? Thereby you have two tanks with a common water level or do they supply different services?
much thanks

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
There is a common line with a switch under the van to select if water comes from the first, second or both tanks at the same time. All expandas are the same Is my understanding

Reactions: Xpandafan

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Sounds right Brad
Also, the tanks do not equalise. Both tanks have a pipe to a valve (as desribed above) that diverts from either or both. This water then supplies all services.

millers

Mar 25, 2011
Adelaide
Hi all,

Hoping that this might be a good place to add a similiar question.

I have found the tap that switches between the two tanks for the pump and I also asked Jayco dealer to do the same for the hand pump as well. This was not done and now the pump does not seem to want to pick up from the front tank (continously runs but does not have good flow or preasure). What I am trying to do is have the ability to choose which tank for pump (preasure system) and which for hand.
Reason is to have as mush flexability as possible as to what water we carry. Small trip fill one tank and use for both. Long trip fill both and use both for hand tap (drinking). For long trip free camping use front for drinking and rear for preasure and refill accordingly.

I beleive the best solution is to map out the pipes etc and then work out what I can do and replace the current clear pipes with non-clear piping.

So after the ranting the big question is has anyone done this and what hose is best to replace the clear hosing?