17.56-2 options reccomended

popeyman

Jun 28, 2012
Perth
Hi all,i am buying above expanda and any suggestions for options? Am thinking of roof top aircon instead of wall mount? Gas point on A frame for BBQ? Can you put a bike rack up front? not keen on rear mount!

clynto

Jun 28, 2012
Sunshine coast QLD
Hi popeyman, I have just purchased a 17.56-1 with roof top air, Jayco is now changed to a sparrow type air conditioner which is a true reverse cycle not like the dometic they have been using. Roof top also frees up wall space. There are many other options just check put where you would like powerpoints eg under bottom bunk & also when top bunk is in place bottom table will be dark so i included an extra light there for the kids to eat/draw etc. Regards Clynt

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Welcome popeyman,

Options are endless depending on what you want and the depth of your pockets, here's a few for example.

Roll out awning
Full annex
Picnic Table
External shower
Gas bayonette
Ibis aircon (roof top)
CD/Radio + int & ext speakers
100 amp batt
Solar wiring
Control panel
Wind up antenna
22" TV
Privacy screen
Inner spring mattress on bunks
Extended drawbar

I have seen bikes mounted up the front, just depends on if you plan to do anything else on the front as well. Just make sure it's not going to limit the angle in which you can turn, especially when backing your van in.

Cheers
Burnsy.

popeyman

Jun 28, 2012
Perth
Welcome popeyman,

Options are endless depending on what you want and the depth of your pockets, here's a few for example.

Roll out awning
Full annex
Picnic Table
External shower
Gas bayonette
Ibis aircon (roof top)
CD/Radio + int & ext speakers
100 amp batt
Solar wiring
Control panel
Wind up antenna
22" TV
Privacy screen
Inner spring mattress on bunks
Extended drawbar

I have seen bikes mounted up the front, just depends on if you plan to do anything else on the front as well. Just make sure it's not going to limit the angle in which you can turn, especially when backing your van in.

Cheers
Burnsy.

Thanks Burnsy & Clint, we are getting quite a few of those options ,r/o awning,full annexe,drop jacks,wind up antenna.100amp batt,external shwr.Have 2 gas bottles upfront, so was thinking of using them for bbq ?instead of bringing a 3rd bottle! Placing order next week for expanda so want to get as much advice b4 final order!Clint,power points and lights great suggestion! thanks again guys.

cancan

Sep 26, 2011
Manly; Brisbane
Also look at going th Outback version....this comes with the drop down jacks,battery wiring so you only need the battery and a few other extras plus the extra height can be a bonus getting in and out of some driveways plus hooking up to 4wd

Big Gee

Apr 8, 2011
The ACT
Jayco is now changed to a sparrow type air conditioner which is a true reverse cycle not like the dometic they have been using. Roof top also frees up wall space.

I don't want to hijack a thread here but Clynto can you fill us in on the new A/C? It's the first I have heard of it!

Big Gee

Apr 8, 2011
The ACT
Hey Popeyman,

Welcome aboard, my two cents are go for the extended draw bar & you should be able to set up some sort of a mount on the front, also I would change the bayonet to the rear..... But that's just me!

AAJB

Jun 3, 2012
Cranbourne nth Victoria
Hi all,i am buying above expanda and any suggestions for options? Am thinking of roof top aircon instead of wall mount? Gas point on A frame for BBQ? Can you put a bike rack up front? not keen on rear mount!
just sign the the floor plan for our 17.56.2
roof mount a/c (sparrow) allow microwave to be moved to where cassette a would of been, and you can fit 150ltr fridge freezer, other options
full annex with extra room
pinic table,extra power outside power point,ext tv point,ext speakers,inside downlights above frt dinette,extra pwr point frt dinette,two extra pwr points rear dinette for kids,tv,cd,player
cheers Andrew

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
Congrats on the order - now the wait....

The beauty of the Jayco ordering process is that you can add items on to the final signoff, before they srart building, so it gives you time to do what we did.

After much reading, advise and plagurising other people's ideas from this forum, we filled our 17.56-2 OB with options at the final sign off. They include:

- Roll out awning
- Rooftop air conditioner (Sparrow)
- 150lt fridge
- Wind up TV antenna
- 2 x Picnic tables next to each other
- 3 x shelves in robe
- Privacy screens
- 2 x 100AH battery packs
- Anderson plug to battery
- Control panel
- Add-A-Room annex
- Full oven
- Gas bayonet @ front of A-frame and rear of van
- 19" TV/DVD 12v/240v
- Microwave moved to where A/C was
- Solar Pre-Wire
- External shower & LED light above it
- External TV antena point next to 12v and 240v outlets
- Extended draw bar
- Double 240v and 12v power points under each dinette table

We are down to the last 8 weeks of quietly biting at the bit!

popeyman

Jun 28, 2012
Perth
Cheers to all, have taken on a few suggestions and will take to order process with me. Let you know how it went,am meeting today!!
:yo:

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
We have to sign off on ours this Monday. A couple of last minute things I would like some thoughts on.

My wife and I like the outside table/s but the price I think seems over the top. Am I right in thinking they are around the $400 mark?
We were not going to bother with the tv antenna as we want to keep the kids out of the van, but what cost is the wind up ant'? Thinking more for re sale!

Geoff