14 ft Awning Size

CJ1177

Jan 28, 2013
Newcastle
www.facebook.com
I have suspicions that my roll out awning is smaller than other 14' vans, my eyebrow was raised when I purchased a shade awning at the same time I was picking the van up, & the dealer said it would be a 12' shade, but then he left me with the shop guy & he said lets go measure it to be sure & he was a little surprised that it was only 11'.

Sitting under the awning at Easter & looking at the awning brackets I thought why couldn't they have made it slightly wider? & thought the logical thing would be that they come in set widths & the next size up would be to wide.

But I was looking at some photos of other 14' vans & their arms look like they are further apart than mine.

So what I'm asking is, can you kind people measure the distance between your arms, I measured mine & they are approx 3350mm centers & is a care free awning.

If mine is shorter than the general population, would I have any ground with Jayco for a replacement?

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Sorry for the delay CJ (see my signature) but I just went and checked. It is exactly 11' or 3355mm so it is the same as yours.
Expanda side.jpg Here is a side on shot you can compare.

Reactions: CJ1177

CJ1177

Jan 28, 2013
Newcastle
www.facebook.com
Thanks Guys, I'll have to post a photo of mine to compare but my arms are definitely in further. i know it's not much but I have 100mm clearance between the front hatch the front arm & same with the rear arm to the clearance light is also about 100mm

Hey boots, is the brand of your awning a carefree unit?