StarCraft 17:58.3 Mk11

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Last couple of mods I did today. I upsized the TV to a 24" (from 18.5") but it wouldn't fit on the bracket. I folded a bit of steel and welded it to the dovetail mount. Idea is it is supported on its stand as well as the locking bolt on the bracket. I am also going to get a strap for it. I can still set it up outside as well without needing another arm. Seems sturdy enough. Tidied the cables up and tied them to the TV.

I am going to switch that new 12v line I put into the booster. As the 12v is always live, and I leave the TV plugged in so figure a small switch and it turns on the booster and TV in one go.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Thanks @Billrw136 I was just looking at your thread and the red dirt and recalling catching up in Broken Hill earlier this evening funny enough. Hope the recent trip went well? I d love to see a post up with some photos of instanbul ?

Reactions: Billrw136

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
The rain today gave me a chance to post up pictures and finish off a few mods as posted. I have two resonable size mods 90% completed and then it's a clean up and pack and use the bloody van for what I bought it for. Hoping to head off Friday.:biggrin1:

Reactions: Billrw136

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Love to hear some feedback on the Truma once used a few times Jim, they are a great thing for winter free camping. Great job with all your recent mods by the way, attention to detail is second to none

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Decided I had to plumb the return air for the heater and tidy it up some. Used some left over 80mm stormwater. Fittings are hard to get so just made a joiner.

Nice and tidy now, must be gettting OCD

image.jpg

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Sneak peak of one of the last mods for a while, finished off an hour a go. HD jockey clamp mounted on the inside and bottles reloaded 600mm forward.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Reactions: 17triton

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Looks good @achjimmy, I just hope you have enough room to turn the handle on your jockey wheel without banging your knuckles on a gas bottle. I can't fit my jockey wheel inside because the jerry can holder is too close. :(

Reactions: achjimmy

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Looks good @achjimmy, I just hope you have enough room to turn the handle on your jockey wheel without banging your knuckles on a gas bottle. I can't fit my jockey wheel inside because the jerry can holder is too close. :(

Yeah planed out @chartrock there is enough that's why the bottles overhang a tad. But I have something else planned for the centre jockey wheel , watch this space mate.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Took one guard off and had a look. I re stuck the cladding to the backing, then reattached the guard. Totally sh1+ system but really the guard does nothing, you need to seal up the cladding to stop water and crap and then it doesn't matter what happens under tbe guard.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Painted the gas bottle holder and fitted it ready for the gas inspection at 8 am tomorrow. Already for the box behind it. Jockey clears the bottles on the centre mount and I should be able to jackknife the van with stone stomper bar just touching.

Oh btw I moved the tap forward 600mm

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

halbster

May 13, 2014
Looks good, I want to do similar at some point. Are you doing anything with the spare tyre holder?