17Triton's Starcraft 17-58-3 OB

MickL

Feb 28, 2016
SA
Yeah it's fixable if it's within range. Very annoying though, it really isn't that hard to move it initially and avoid this!

That's the crazy thing as it could be so easily remedied if the installer used some common sense. Not that its any consolation to yourself but at the Adelaide show I raised the issue with the person from Jayco that was quite high up the chain (I won't mention the name on the forum) and he agreed that it was an error and took photo's and said it would be raised with the factory to avoid it happening in the future....

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
image.jpeg

I have no chance of just moving the leg the whole awning would have to move including the poptop hatch clips. Frustrated but will move on and suck it up.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
So @17triton, can they move the awning at the first service you reckon or is there not enough room?

Nah mate I would end up with a van full of holes plus I had the annexe measured and sail track fitted and antiflap kit so they wouldn't line up then.

Ours is behind the hatch as well, I've learnt to live with it

Yep I'm used to it now as well.

megcam

That's not too bad. Our tightening knob from the awning backs into the lock on the toilet hatch! Agree with all the comments about poor design, quality control etc but it's honestly not too big a deal. It's up there with my window that when I want to close it I first have to go outside and unlatch and close the door:noidea:.

I must say I do find it hard to be aggrevated by those things when I'm sitting under the awning having a beer. Sitting in the front yard looking at stupid mistakes is another thing though:nod:

Last edited:

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
View attachment 39546
I have no chance of just moving the leg the whole awning would have to move including the poptop hatch clips. Frustrated but will move on and suck it up.
They did the same thing with my outdoor TV hatch .... I dont notice it now. Like most set ups and pack ups, theres a sequence for everything. You get used to it and it just becomes part of the sequence.

Very nice van mate